Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba
Just got back from Yuba. Arrived on the water about 8Am and within 1/2 hour had 2 in the boat. This was my first time walleye fishing and I think I hit the jackpot. My buddy landed the first fish, about 19 inches and within 5 mins. I landed a 23.5 inch that weighed 4 1/2 lbs. I got another bite but spit the hook after about 6 feet. We were in 18 to 25 feet of water. This may make a walleye fisherman out of me instead of a bass angler. Not!!! It surely made me really excited. I know this is not the normal, but it sure peaked my interest. See pick attached.

[inline B4BwalleyeR.bmp]
[signature]
nice first eye!!! [Wink] thanx for throwing it up.
[signature]
Nice fish, what area ? Painted Rocks ?
[signature]
nice eye !! not bad for a bass fisherman lol. I'm glad to see the population come back in yuba after the draw down a few years ago. did you see any pike ??
later chuck
[signature]
Great job on those eyes not everyone gets to catch a few of them on every trip. What methods were ya using?
[signature]
Please note this about Walleye at Yuba:

You may already know this, but keep your limit of Walleyes at Yuba this year. The Utah Fish and Game have recommended this. As has been said buy TubeDude the Walleyes have increased this year in Yuba and could hurt their forage the Perch.

I would rather try Starvation for Walleye but I have never fished for them![frown]
[signature]
I don't know the name of the area but I would say that is what it looked like. The area was just east of the dam.

the
[signature]
No Pike this trip but we did try the narrows & cought nothing but stick fish.
[signature]
We were using bottom bouncers & worm rigs.
[signature]
Kinda sounds like you were around the rockpile . It holds a lot of bait. Using bottom bouncers and worm harness did you get a lot of perch bites? They usually destroy the worms thats why i use plastics.
[signature]

as far as I know, there was no interest from the perch. We were over by the sandbar & were marking lots of fish, we had no takers.
[signature]
A fine walleye you have. So are you hooked on Yuba eyes now?
[signature]
No perch bites thats amazing. Last year at this time i couldnt drop a worm without having it get swalowed by perch. Wonder if this is a sign? [crazy]
[signature]
what method of trolling will you use when bottom bouncing? about how fast will you troll?
[signature]
I am hooked on Yuba eyes & will make many more trips. As far as trolling speed, we had the electric going as slow as possible.
[signature]
[cool]Way to go, Allen! I've gotta head down there with ya next time out or else the time after that. Bet that bad boy tasted pretty good, eh? I'll call ya...
[signature]