Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
has anyone been out at lincon beach lately
its my sons birth day this coming week end and i need to go some were close
[signature]
A buddy of mine went down to the "L", around the corner from Lincoln, and only managed a few white bass. But its hard to tell about the kitties, but this week is gonna be warm.
I haven't been there in a week or so, but I would reccomend the pump house area.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]With the warm temps forecast for this week, I am going to predict that summer catfishing will kick off soon. That means soaking a chunk of carp meat next to the reeds, in shallow water, under a bobber.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]There are lots of spots around Lincoln Beach where this will work until it cools down in the fall or until water levels drop too low for the fish to be comfy. They move in when the water gets about 65 to spawn in the cover. The big males stay behind to guard the nests. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Then, after the spawn, all predator species raid the reeds for the fry of walleyes, white bass, crappies, bluegills and even young catfish. You can fish a weedless worm rig, like for bass, and catch several species by dragging it through reed points and casting back into pockets. Also good is "tule dipping", with long rods...dropping baited jigs straight down into pockets and holes...with stout line...and hanging on to power them out.[/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]For a couple of years now, the little cove/channel just to the south of the dikes at Lincoln has held lots of catfish starting about now. They are in surprisingly shallow water at times. And, I know a couple of guys who drift into the brush and stickups along that south shoreline and fish bait only about 2 feet under a bobber, in nasty structure, and catch cats all day long.[/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]Ditto all of the above for the west side, from the Knolls to Pelican Point. Great shoreline for a couple of miles, with lots of reeds and brush to attract and hold the kitties. Soaking a minnow or carp meat in slightly deeper water away from shore can produce great fish there now too. And, the post spawn walleyes are active along the brush lines early and late.[/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]Should be excellent night fishing for BIG cats by the end of the month. Some monster males in the flats to the east of the boat channel. Great for night tubing or drifting in a boat on a calm night. Lots of good fish will come off the end of the dike too.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Went out to the pump house yesterday and only managed 2 mudders. It was the big "W" word the whole time. My buddy started wineing about work tomorrow and blah blah blah so we only stayed till 9:00. I caught those 2 mudders right before we left so I'm pretty certain I could have picked up a channie if we would've stayed later. I talked to one guy that fished lincoln last night and he picked up 4 chans and 4 perch and a few white bass
[signature]