Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's spark the PA Forum...
Just curious as to how many people are active on the PA Forum. List your location and the type of fishing you do.
[signature]
Harrisburg, Pa. Lake structure map maker but sometimes tempted to fish ( all fish ).
[signature]
Dingmans Ferry. Fresh water bass fishing and Saltwater fishing, any specie I can chase down. And on that note always looking for help on the gas bill
[signature]
I'm from Lehman (near Wilkes-Barre). I fish for anything I can... catching mostly small and largemouth bass, chain pickerel and crappie. I'm looking forward to catching some other animals. Gas was $3.75 a gallon as I passed the station on my way to work tonight... yuck!
[signature]
I see spark but NO flame. At $4 per gallon I would think more of us would have more time to be posting .
[signature]
prices like that is like using a swimming pool to put out a candle [unimpressed]

same prices here in the mittin state... on the news last night they say no signs of any improvemnet.
[signature]
The change is headed this way as prices will drop soon but no date suggested yet. Look for the oil to drop back to $100 VS $138 after the summer rush and before winter heating oil spike. I don't see $5 per gallon now for the near future. Don't jump off the bridge yet!
[signature]
I cant afford to jump off the bridge, I aint got the dogh to drive to it...[laugh][pirate]

I saw the price droped 4$ yesterday when an anouncement came on the news that there was an on going investigation of stock holder price monipulations....

dosnt mean the price will go down at the pump...[mad]
[signature]
Not very active at $4 per gallon and 10 days of NO post activity.
[signature]
There's not enough people to keep this fresh.
[signature]
Checking in on a dozen or so fishing sites per night . most are real slow or the same few people talking all the time just like this board ( trying to stay afloat ). I really think the fishing slowed w/ gas prices.
[signature]
unless you have a row boat tied up near shore, at 4+ per gallon + oilmix

I think your right, not many anglers getting out these days, opening day of trout season I had lots and lots of elbow room where there was usualy only standing in line to get to the river room...

I my self havent gotten out in 4 weeks now....
[signature]
Hi..
I am Alex from PA.
Fishing is my leisure time activity not my professional
But I love fishing more than anything else...
Usually I fish in the river near to my home...

Thanks,
=============
AleX

[url "http://www.treatmentcenters.org/pennsylvania"]Pennsylvania Treatment Centers[/url]
[signature]
Mike from the North Branch, Hows it going guys.
[signature]
Hi! I do mostly bass (smallies and largemouth), pickerel, perch and occasionally walleye fishing in Northampton, Bucks, Lehigh, Carbon and Monroe counties. Since I live in Bethlehem, all are convenient. Forget hatchery trout fishing. A waste of my time.

And what Lehigh Valley fisherman can resist the call of the spring shad migration on the Delaware River?! I'd rather fish for them in a boat, but since I don't have one and no longer know anyone who owns one, I settle for fishing from the shore or (preferably) with waders. Wonderful fighting fish.

Having said that, I should also note that I love to go to Maine periodically and fish there. We usually rent a place on Lake Damariscotta in (where else?) Damariscotta, which is about a half-hour from Boothbay Harbor and an hour north of Freeport. The place is loaded with fish. Everywhere in the lake we went, the fishfinder was stacked with fish at every depth!!! Mostly smallies, though some largemouth too -- but also lake trout and landlocked salmon!

And every year I usually go at least once with my daughter and her fiance to Point Pleasant and take a boat out bluefishing. What an adrenaline rush! Sometime I'll post a photo of the finger I almost (stupidly) lost to the first bluefish I ever caught.
[signature]
Oh, forgot to mention this: I'm on disability, so basically I can get away to go fishing any doggone time I please.

With me the problem hasn't been the $4-a-gallon gas (except for this past week, but that's another, longer story). It's been so many other things keeping me too busy to get out!

One of my identical twins, 18, who just got out of high school, went off to U.S. Marines boot camp at Parris Island, SC. I've had to ferry the other 3 kids who are at home around to this and that, and one of the two older daughters has needed rides to and from work. (Yes, I was naive enough to have 6 kids, 5 girls and 1 boy who now range in age from 16 to 25.)

But gas has cut down on the long-range driving. No more than 1 trip a year to Maine (I used to go up there around Christmas time to ice fish, too). Forgot to mention that. Heck, costs $250 just in gas to get up there, drive around and then drive home.

As for posting, I think people are just too busy. The computer hasn't made work easier, like they promised us. It's just made it easier to do more in a day. And management has become so addicted to this ever-increasing worker productivity that they just keep laying on more work, even while they're cutting their work force.

Just thinking about it has me grabbin' for my fishin' gear. I'm off to the lake, boys!
[signature]
hey all,

Im from South western PA, Cambria county. I fish alot at glendale lake and a pile of other smaller lakes around my house. I have 3 lake all within a 15 minute drive from my house. Guess im lucky.

I fish primarily for Bass and pike, but somedays i will just go out for whatever. I have 3 boats, so i have alot of options. I have 20' pontoon, a 12 john boat, and a 9' inflatable pontoon that can go anywhere.

If there is anyone in my area that would like some tips feel free to contact me! Who knows maybe we could be fishing buddies.

[Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
I went fishing last week, first time since the begining of may this year.

my boat hasnt left the back yard.

going time isnt the problem, it the gas to get there. ya the price has come down a bit, but it will have to come down further and stay there for a long long time for people to recover from the hole that has been dug by our government and corporate interprizes...

the forgein market getting the raw end of the deal 8 years ago saw the perfect oppertunity to bail and run before thay got stuck again, and wouldnt ya know it, they caught our stock market inflating the value of stocks again but this time left the stock market holding the bag....

I went to manistee michigan for some salmon action, and bouy howdy did I find some, 30+ hookups, one landed. one hookup we were tied in to a tug-a-war for over an hour and a half... it was a riot... "glad it only comes once a year"[:p]
[signature]
Speaking of spark > two weeks ago I watched fishermen get skunked over and over at Walker lake Snyder county. Don't think they understood the subject of "lake turnover" and we found no one fishing the creek channel as we found fish stacked on the bend of the channel at 12' to 15' depths. Everyone was pounding the shoreline with little results. Water temp. 58 f. and under turnover conditions.. This weekend we added some structure info. to lake Redman in York county and with water temps. at 49 f. and once again fishermen fishing the banks or shore points with little luck and just about the end of the turnover but we located the fish at 12' to 29 ' on structure but no one fishing it. This lake owns some big purebred stripers but they did not surface today. By the way the PFBC structure maps of these lakes don't come close to the true positioning of structure placement as our maps show. looking for action on turnovers > then you might want to change up on presentation like sinking wooly bugger and big flys and other slow presentations.
[signature]