Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prop Repair
[#0000bf][/#0000bf]
[#0000bf]Anybody know of a good prop repair shop? [:/][/#0000bf]
[#0000bf]I was involved in that little water rescue at Jordanelle Saturday and beached my boat on the road at Rock Cliffs. [frown][/#0000bf]
[signature]
Jack's Prop & Ornamental Iron
845 W 1855 S
SLC
801-972-4797

They have repaired several props for me.
[signature]
Thanks kent! [cool]
[signature]
[#500000]I don't know where you are located, but there is one in Clearfield called marine prop that repairs, repitches etc.....[/#500000]
[#500000]See: [url "http://www.marineprop.com"]www.marineprop.com[/url][/#500000]
[signature]
Just something to ponder - when you get your prop repaired you might consider purchasing an extra in case you're out somewhere and encounter the rock monster again. That way you can swap props and still have a full day on the water. It's always good to have a spare...

Most aluminum props run about $70 - $100 - about the cost of the tank of gas if you have to come home because you're down... also running your motor with a damage prop is hard on the whole engine...
[signature]
All good advice...thanks! [cool]
[signature]
I had a complete engine replaced, and these people deal with Props, and are excellent service and honest to deal with, I HIGHLY recommend them, It is A ROCK PROPELLER located on west temple between 3300 south and 3500 south, it is on the west side of the road and in a complex dead end, they have a inside lake to run motors and check and replace props, They really no what there doing, top machanics (sp) sorry on the spelling, try them out, you will notttttttttt go wrong.
[signature]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff][/b]
[Smile][#0000ff][/#0000ff]Thanks Ron...I just talked with Josh at that shop and told him I heard about him on this site. He said he could get it back to me in about three days and appreciated your recommendation! [cool] Taking it there at lunchtime. Thanks for the advice.[/b]
[signature]
I'll second the A Rock prop shop. They have always done me right.
[signature]
[cool][#00ffff] [/#00ffff][#0000bf]This may not be the right place to give kudos, but I took that prop over to A Rock Propellors at noon along with a copy of the latest threads from the Big Fish Tackle forum. He sold me a used one really reasonable for a spare and fixed my dinged up stainless prop and it's ready to be picked up...same day! They are great over there. [Smile][/#0000bf]
[signature]
used prop as a spare.. that's not a bad idea. How much for the spare prop if you don't mind me askin..
[signature]
[#4040ff]He sold me a three blade 14 1/4 X 21 for a Yamaha 200 horse outboard in really great shape for $70.00. I'd pay that any day rather than swim back to the marina... [:p] They have a huge variety.[/#4040ff]
[signature]
I am not a good swimmer.. I'll have to go check them out..

So, you gotta tell us the story of how you smashed up your prop, and the end result.. We've all been there and can relate. So, don't be embarrassed. It makes us not feel so bad. I've already driven my boat out of the water this year with the outdrive still down. I felt really cool, and the fact that it made enough noise for everyone to look over and see what it was.. that was just icing on the cake!

It was my first trip of the year and I was launching by myself.. so I "Got out of my 2 man groove" That's my excuse anyway..
[signature]
[frown][#4040ff] Well,this time it wasn't stupidity...like other times.[/#4040ff]
[#4040ff]I was up at Jordanelle on Saturday and had been fishing from 6:00AM until around noon at the North end having pretty good luck draggin gear. I decided to run up the Rock Cliff arm to see how dirty the water was. I ran up to the bouys, turned around and started trolling back West. After 30 mintes or so I stopped to stow gear and get ready to go home. I looked back and saw someone fall out of a small boat. I cranked up and ran down to find three little kids and two young parents in the water hanging onto a turned over really small boat. I got two of them in my boat and by then several boats arrived and got the other three and the boat. The kids were freezing cold so we ran up the arm pretty quickly through the wakeless speed area. I beached the boat right up on the road so they could get out quick. Thats where I got the prop.[/#4040ff]
[signature]
Wow!
That's a cool story.. that's great you hurried so quickly. I just bought my kid a new jacket this year and I actually read the tag on it.. I was surprised how quickly hypothermia can set in when the water temps are as cold as it is right now.
Good on ya! Hopefully your Hull is OK
[signature]