Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 over 20 at scofield.
went to scofield to day.. started on the east side.. fishing was great! i cought 2 cutt's one 24 1/2" the other 23", 4 tigers from 24", to 22". one rainbow 23".. missed a bunch and cought a bunch of smaller ones.. other than the wind it was not to bad up there.. [sly]
[signature]
What were you using? Any pics?
[signature]
Thanks for the report fuzzy.....were you in a boat or from shore?
[signature]
Nice Fuzzy, How low is the water ? Is it muddy ?
[signature]
Nice job Ron.[cool]
[signature]
Come on now the trout fisherman need more INFO then that, WHERE, HOW DEEP, WHAT ON , you know the good stuff....

Nice catch...[Wink][crazy][cool]
[signature]
no pic's i left the camrea home.. was useing minnows!

water is dirty from the run off.. [crazy]
[signature]
great report Ron. sounds like its about that time. [cool]
[signature]
Strong work Ron. Are you back in town for a while now?
[signature]
Hey Ron is e-lake thawed out yet i need me some bait!! And some fishies too. [Wink] Are there a lot of minnows on the scofield shore?
[signature]
I was on the east side too, at the state park from 6:30-11:30. Thought I'd just put a blurb here rather than starting a new thread. I didn't have quite so much luck, but the fishing wasn't bad. I must be rigging the minnows wrong, because I didn't have too much luck with them or egg sacs. I caught mine on Jake's Spin-a-lure and red Powerbait. Nothing over 20, though. On about my fifth cast I hooked up with a rainbow that looked over 20, but lost it about 3 feet from shore (no land no credit [Wink]). Everything that hit a lure was within 15 feet of the shore, and they'd only hit it when retrieved very slowly (lots of snags). Anyway, Fuzzy, what kind of minnows did you use, and how did you rig them. Were you in the state park? If so, did I talk to you (I chatted with someone)?

Here are two of the ones I caught.
[signature]
Great job fuzz! It's starting to heat up up there for sure. Glad to hear minnows did the trick for you, too.
[url "http://www.mattlures.com/gallery/Shiner-Hitch.jpg"][Image: Shiner-Hitch_small.jpg][/url]

I probably wouldnt throw this at Scofield.
[signature]
well i was headed to E-lake to start with. my minnow's are runnimg very low. but there is still 3 to 4 feet of snow on the road to the ramp and only a small spot of open water around the bubble up and the inlets.. so a while yet for E-lake.

but i seen your post the other day.. and said yep it's time to hit scofield. only 2 time's a year i hit scofield. right as the ice go's on and right as the ice comes off.. ice off has been better for me the last while tho.. i think i'll run over again today just to put 8 more over 20" on the bbq this weekend.. [sly] maybe i'll take the camera this time.
[signature]
shiners right out of the lake.. fresh are the best! [sly]
[signature]