Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2008 Elk and Bear Hunting Application Period Open
Contacts: Rodney Clute or Adam Bump 517-373-1263

2008 Elk and Bear Hunting Application Period Now Open

The Department of Natural Resources reminds hunters that the Michigan elk and bear hunting license application period is now open, and hunters can apply for those licenses through June 1.

There will be 330 elk and 12,993 bear hunting licenses available for the 2008 hunting seasons.

Only Michigan residents are eligible to apply for an elk license. Bear licenses are available for both residents and non-residents; however, no more than two percent of licenses in any bear management unit will be issued to non-residents.

Hunters may apply online at www.michigan.gov/dnr, at any authorized license agent, or at a DNR Operations Service Center. A nonrefundable $4 fee is charged at the time of application.

Applicants may call 517-373-1263 prior to June 1 for assistance with their application and may check the drawing results online at the DNR Web site beginning June 23 for elk and June 30 for bear. See the 2008 Michigan Elk and Bear Hunting Guides for more details about the application processes.

The DNR is committed to the conservation, protection, management, use and enjoyment of the state's natural resources for current and future generations.
[signature]
Hey guess who pulled a bear permit [cool] !
If one shows up the hard part will be deciding on mount or rug [crazy] .
[signature]
rugs are always nice, they give ya something to curl up on when your in the dowg house.[laugh]

I missed entering the elk draw, first time in almost 20 years.

I did the next best thing, cost about as much as an elk hunt, I bought a pig and a calf for the freezer at the oakland county 4-H fair, I tried to talk my brother in to feeding it for a couple months....[:p] he wouldnt have any thing to do with it... LOL... and he calls himself a farmer..... [laugh]

good luck, will look forward twards the pics...

btw, any word on that boar in your neighbors yard?
[signature]
nothing on the pig , yet .
nobody has seen him but he has left his mark , a wallow near the swamp .
Time to break out the trail-cam for a pic [bobWink] .
[signature]
dont forget to trun on the timer so we know what time he is comming in, he has to be there at least a copple hours a day to have a waller, and they usualy waller in the day time.[crazy]
[signature]