Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi Folks
I wouldn't call myself a real fisherman in that what I catch is pretty much by pure luck, but I do like to go fishing. I've fished mostly freshwater, but have ventured into Galveston Bay a couple of times where I caught a flounder... what a ride that was.

For the last several years I've just fished in a pond that I dug out back and stocked with catfish and bluegill. I like to eat fish.

I hope you don't mind a few questions from a real amateur.
[signature]
Hi there Ernie_N and welcome to the BFT. I gather that you spin fish but do you do any fly fishing? We have a great group of folks on this site and all will most gladly offer their help should you need any. Good luck & tight lines.
Thanks for the welcome Dryrod.

I haven't done any fly fishing, but I did see "A River Runs Through It".[Wink]

As a driver, I don't have much time at the house, and then I spend a bit of that in my wood shop. That's why I put the pond out back so I could get a little fishing in.

I did post a question in the Tackle Forum, because we are taking a vacation of nothing but fishing this year. Woohoo
[signature]
Hi there Ernie
You give a whole new meaning to HARVESTING. Most here plant Tomatoes, you plant FISH! How cool is that![cool]
[signature]
Hello Ernie,
Welcome aboard!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
I beleive fishing is all luck, good or bad...

I also beleive things can be done to improve your luck... some call that skill... ?

I can see luck is with you today, you found a good site to hang on.... Welcome to Bigfishtackle...[cool]
[signature]
Welcome to BFT, if ya get in to ice fishing, by all mean stop by the ice fishing board and chill out a spell,
[signature]