Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
which fish is bigger
WHICH FISH IS BIGGER? GO AHEAD AND GUESS AND TELL US WHY.

JUDGE BY WEIGHT, LENGTH, AND GIRTH.

Picture # 1

[Image: HEDG2797CustomImage0083227.jpg]

Picture # 2 [center][Image: HEDG2797CustomImage0097010.jpg][/center] [left]Looking forward to your comments[/left]
[signature]
Who cares? Just wish I could get fish like that! Nice pic's to show. Okay I will give it a try.

weight #1 Length #1 Girth #2

If I guess right will you share with us where you got them???
[signature]
I'll share the exact dimensions, location and what hooked them. I don't want to spoil it before everybody gets to a chance to guess.

Big fish are fun to catch.
[signature]
[Smile]#1 4 1/2lbs. length 22" girth 17"
#2 8lbs. length 25" girth 24"

great pictures and those are some big largemouths good job

[unsure]I'm not a bass expert but this is my guess please let me know how close i am THANKS TRFISHIN
[signature]
That's a good guess but the current state record for utah is length 24 1/4" girth 20 weight 10 p 4 oz and the catch and release is length 26".

Keep em coming I think you might be surprised by the numbers.
[signature]
I'm gonna say fish #2 is bigger any way you look at it. This is being judged pretty much just by how you're holding the fish out. Fish #1 COULD be bigger in the length dept., but it's a close call. Fish #2 is just all around a bigger fish. It's a pretty close call if you ask me though...
[signature]
O.K., I guess 22 3/4" length and 19' girth. And its the same fish in both pics.

walleyebob
[signature]
I agree with you walleyebob, the second picture looks bigger because he is holding him out.I say 23inches and girth at 20
[shocked]
[signature]
I guess it's the same fish just being held at a different angle and rotated 180 deg. but the tail fin looks the same and the length is about 22-23", 17" girth and around 8 lbs. deffinately a nice fish.
[signature]
same fish different angles
[signature]
Definitely very nice fish. Are these Utah Bass? Why are these trophy fish in the house instead of the lake, or are these very nice glass mounts?
I would guess the #1 fish to be a four plus. I say #2 just under six pounds. If I was a betting man, I'd say somebody went to Quail Creek. I can't guess the length and girth without knowing your height and the girth of your arms LMAO. Nice fish bro

Kayote
[signature]
Number two. although they aren't that big. i have cought bass much bigger than that.
[signature]
Walleyebob, Icefool, Fishnate, and Ocean nailed it! That is the same fish, in different lighting, and a different angle. A great day on the water in any case! Nice fish! I'd guess 23 inches long, girth of 18 maybe 18.5 inches, and weighs about 7lbs. 2 oz.
[signature]
Well, I'll be danged...it's the same fish. If you look closely at the tail, they both have the same little slit in it towards the bottom. Good detective work there boys. BTW...that is no 8lb fish...and I was also wondering as well...where'd you get that fish DH? And if it's a Utah fish...why is it in the house and not back in the lake, seeing as to how the regulations on most of the Utah lakes say any bass over 12" must be immediately released? JW...
[signature]
Nice fish, what you keep is your business. It looks like the same fish to me.
[signature]
18-19 pounds easy!

[Tongue]

sm
[signature]
As one of the biggest believers in catch and release, ( I think I have kept two fish in the last who knows how many years,) I have to say, I would bet we all have got excited and kept a big fish. So unless you have never kept a large fish yourself you may want to back down a bit. lets not pass judgement too quickly. I would like to thank hedgesd for making this interesting post.

I did some disecting with my calipers, measuring the width of the hands and comparing the length of the fish. Using roland martins formula for determining weight by length, I would have to say I have no idea if they are the same fish, but would guess not. Beats me how much they weigh. I dont know if your hands are bigger than mine! Hee Hee.
[signature]
So, give us the answer already. Pleeeaaaasssseeee.

Curious, Kayote
[signature]
ONe fish pic one is pre mount. pic two is post mount. i guess 23" or so between 23 or 24" cmon i cant guess in micromeasurements!!! girth hmmm hard one i have to go by the pre moutn and say around 17 in. judging by roland martins length to girth ratio scale he is exactly 6 lbs. 8oz. haha well anyway as good as i can come up with. nice fish hedge.
[signature]