Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shadow Mountain Reservoir Report
[font "Calibri"]I fished the inlet to Shadow Mountain Reservoir for 2 days. I had lots of bites but as soon as they hit the bait was gone. I still ended up catching some fish which included kokanee salmon, rainbow trout, brown trout, and sucker fish. Most of them were small but there were a couple of nice fish. The weather changed on me so much, it rained, snowed, and then it got sunny. I was using blown up night crawlers on both poles and they seem to be the only thing working. I talked to some fly fisherman and some people using lures and they were not catching any fish. [/font]
[signature]
Sounds like a good trip. Was there any ice on the lake. I cant wait to get up there and chase those Lakers or better yet have them chase me. Suckers are disappointing to catch when you are fishing for trout but can be be a blessing when you go for those big Lakers. Fresh sucker meat rock.
[signature]
Oh yea I kept the sucker and it is in the freezer waiting to be bait. I was going to take my boat but I have heard there was ice still on the lake but when we got there we did not see any ice on Granby, Shadow Mountain, or Grand Lake. I am also going to get my boat out there for some Lake Trout there are some big ones in there. If you go let me know how you did and I will do the same.
[signature]
Sounds good. Trail ridge will be open so the drive wont be so bad. If I had some time I would be up there the first weekend in June but I will probably not make it till the last weekend in June. I was wanting to fish the tournament at Flamming Goerge in couple of weeks but I don't have the time this year.I will let you know for surethe next time I get up there.
[signature]