Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mexico Bass
As I watch these television shows, I'm just wondering if the Mexico Bass fishing is all they make it out to be? I know they can do some fancy editing to make things look better than they really are.

Have you been to Mexico? How was it? Any difficulties in getting there? Who did you book with? And, Why?

Any input would be aprreciated as I'm rolling around the idea of maybe taking a trip and I thought I'd look into Mexico.
[size 4]Yes, the bass fishing in Mexico is great.[/size]
[size 4][/size]
[size 4]If your a bass fisherman, you should treat yourself to a Mexican fishing adventure. [/size][size 4]How many fish will I catch? That will depend on your skill.... (and a little bit on the weather...) but probably a lot more fish than you normally catch.[/size]
[size 4][/size]
[size 4]There are lot of companies that fish Mexico. Just Google "Mexico Bass Fishing" and you'll be overwhelmed. We've been booking with Reel Mexican Adventures. [/size]
[size 4]They take good care of you.[/size]
[size 4][/size]
[size 4]Now remember, there is so much more to fishing than just catching fish.[/size]
[size 4]Our next trip is booked for November. I'm looking forward to visiting with my son and my brother........ attempting to practice my Spanish with the guides and staff at the lodge. (that usually proves rather entertaining to everyone).......[/size]
[size 4]then there is the scenery, seeing another country, and meeting new people.[/size]
[size 4][/size]
[size 4] I can already taste the food, and feel the cool breeze as we sit around watching the sunset over the lake. Not to mention the ice chest full of water, soda, beer, and the pitchers of margaritas. LOL (It's all part of the package.)[/size]
[size 4][/size]
[size 4]A fishing lodge is a wonderful place. They take good care of you. Food is served, beds are made, nice hot showers, guides put you on the fish, even net and remove the lure from your fish. It's nice to be pampered.[/size]
[size 4][/size]
[size 4]Best of all, I'll get to try out my new fly rods and the bass bugs I tied.[/size]
[size 4]Got to love all those big, co-operative, Mexican largemouth bass.[/size]
[size 4]As my son would say: "Are we having fun yet, or what?"[/size]
[signature]
Look up Lake Huites and El Salto. You will find many nice packages for fishing there.

They do have some nice double digit Bass in their lakes and they do support C&R too.[cool]
[signature]
Thanks. I've been noodling around and looking.
[signature]
I think so. There is a bass guy on the Utah forum that just made a trip down there and caught several dozen fish with some going 7#+ each day! I wish i could afford a trip down there.[crazy]
[signature]
Thank you for the information. I'm saving my pennies.
Wow, a Stella Reel. You have good taste. We use that size and load it with 50# test Power Pro and go for the big GT. Those reels start at around $500.
[signature]
Fishing report from Lake Bacarrac Mexico:
The fishing has been excellent with the big jig bite producing the biggest fish. On the afternoon of May 31st Rob Ard had an excellent big bite with his 5 biggest fish weighing 49.5 pounds and also catching 14 fish over 7 pounds
From John Velky group of 5

I just read the attached report and am compelled to reply. Not to be outdone, our group of five also had an awesome trip. We were very impressed with EVERYTHING about your operation, from the pre-trip communication and logistics to the trip itself. From the time we left El Paso on the charter flight, we were chaperoned and treated like welcome guests. Russ, Rene and all the lodge staff went out of their way to be accommodative. Our thanks to each and every one of them. As for the fishing, WOW! We each caught the biggest bass of our lives with at least 20 fish over ten pounds.

Tito Woodburn won the big bass pot with a 12.0 and everyone thought they had bigger bass break/pull off during the fight. We switched partners during our trip, but I mainly fished with Narlin, and he was terrific. Very knowledgeable and a joy to fish with. The other guides were Pedro and Mario, and they were outstanding, also.

My only regret is that we did not bring more big black jigs, and they were sold out of them at the lodge. The trees and lake bottom must be littered with them. The bite was definitely with 1 oz and larger black jigs with huge senko/lizard/worm trailers, and we lost what we had early on. Rene showed me his favorite rig and I now know to bring reels spooled with 50# braid with a 50# mono tag end. You definitely lose fewer jigs with that combo! John Velky

From Gary Whitehead:
Morris and I had a great trip once again. We caught a total of 504 bass. I wear a little counter around my neck. We had 5 fish of 1-10lb 0oz, 2-10lb 4oz, 1-11lb 2oz and 1-12lb 1oz. That means of course that we caught 5 bass of 10lbs or more. We had at least 4 others up to the boat that got off that were over 10lb fish. The service, the food, the boats and the guides were, as usual, just great. I hope that an opening during June develops but if it doesn't I will go back in the fall as soon as possible.
[font "Calibri"] [/font]
[signature]