Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FishFinder questions
Hi Guys, I am new to this forum and so far I have found it to be very useful. But there is one thing that I have not found yet. I have a young family and not so much disposable income. I have recently acquired a boat and wish to add a fishfinder. I have been fishing all my life, ok well I have been standing on the shore looking like an idiot. I enjoy fishing and hopefully will enter a few tournaments if I get good enough.

Now the question I have is.... When selecting a fishfinder is it better to choose one with a single beam or a triple beam? I have found Single beams to be the lesser of the two (Perhaps I am mistaken). And yet the entry level prices for Single, Dual, and triple seem to be relatively around the same price. If I am predominantly going after walleye, what do you guys think would be the best option, keeping in mind that I am looking to spend around $250. Would a single, Dual or Triple beam be best?

The lakes I usually go on average around 15 feet deep, with a max of around 50 feet. If anyone can recommend a particualr fishfinder which they have had success with, or possibly have a suggestion towards one. That would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance
[signature]
Lowrance X67C

Basspro for around 240 bucks

That's all you need to know, no matter what you're doing on the water................
[signature]
Welcome to BFT gold sprinter. For what you do a single beam is fine. I have the unit Bryan suggests and it works fine for fresh water. Go to a store that has them on display and use it to see if it's a right fit for you. Look at the Hummingbird products as well.
[signature]