Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hiya
Obviously, by my number of posts (most of them are just silly questions!), I'm not brand new to the boards. Joined a few months ago. But I typically stick to the Utah boards, and don't go to the "regular" ones too much. So just found this one.

I'm one of the few ladies around here. New to fishing, so I don't know details of stuff like types of fishing, species, all that.
No fly-fishing for me! Looks too complicated, and I have bad coordination! Bait fishing is nice, but can get boring. So I've been learning jigs and spinners, and other fake lures. The species I target are...well, everything! Maybe once I get the hang of stuff, and learn what's "easier" or "tastier", I'll narrow it down.
Don't own a boat, but I hopefully can get a float tube this year...most likely I'll have to wait until next year, though.

I'm sure Flygoddess will demand more info from me, but that's all I can think of right now Wink
[signature]
Welcome Vivid-Dawn,
I hear what you're saying about some types of fishing being slower/boring then others but when the fish are cooperating it's all good![Smile]

I am sure I am going to catch some crap for this one but if you think bait fishing is boring, "beware of jigging" it's not exactly top water fishing either! I have some great times jig fishing and it has produced one of my biggest freshwater fish but it can be a back bracking BORING time if your not catching fish!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
I won't give you crap for that... in fact, I agree! Any method of fishing can be (is) boring, if you're not getting anything! Wink
[signature]
Welcome to BFT vivid-dawn. Looks like you've given us some input allready. [Wink]
[signature]
I hope you feel welcome here on BFT Julia. I know you already have received help from Pat(Tubedude) but I would also like to extend an offer of a helping hand, so to speech. Feel free to ask me any question, I'll be glade to help if I can.
[signature]
Welcome to BFT, if ya get in to ice fishing, by all mean stop by the ice fishing board and chill out a spell,
[signature]
Ice fishing is for the birds! (penguins, to be precise) [Wink]
[signature]
I guess that is why they call me an ice fishing fool [angelic]
[signature]