Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
woohoo, walleye!!!
[sly] well i caught my first 2 walleye this year. i was down at my regular fishing spot on the flint river and noticed 2 walleye real close to shore side by side, i dropped my line in and the first one struck it immediately, me and my cousin tried for about 2 hours to get the other to bite using just a hook and nightcrawler to no avail. it check out the worm but never take it finally after sitting there with no bites all day i noticed my line had gone slack, went over to tigten it up and guess what? you got it that other walleye was on the line. 1 was 20 in the other was 21 in.
what would be the best way to cook these as i have never eaten walleye b4 and would like to try them
[signature]
Several different ways to cook walleye.

I've cooked (steamed) them on the grill. Just wrap the fillet in a tinfoil pouch of butter lemon/lime salt n pepper. Seal it up with just a bit of water (throw in an ice cube) and toss it on the grills hot spot. YUM [:p]

I also like it straight in a hot skillet. Dry the fillets with paper towel and then salt n pepper to taste. Toss them into a 50/50 mixture of cajun spices and breadcrums and put them into a hot skillet of shortning and a melted tab of butter. 2-3 minutes each side and be ready to taste some of natures candy.

Oh man...... I gotta go catch me a walleye now !!!!

Congrats on the catch.
[signature]