Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLACES TO BASS FISH.
I AM WRITING TO ASK ANYBODY WHO FISHES NEW YORK WATERS TO PLEASE TELL ME A FEW BODIES OF WATER, LAKES AND PONDS THAT HAVE GOODF POPULATIONS OF BASS IN THEM. I FISH A LOT IN SULLIVAN COUNTY, NOT TOO FAR FROM THE CITY LIMITS WITH MIXED RESULTS. THERE ARE DAYS WHEN I DO VERY GOOD AND OTHERS WHERE I FEEL LIKE THROWING ALL MY GEAR AWAY!! I AM ONLY INTERESTED IN FISHING LAKES AND PONDS, NO RIVERS. IF YOU CAN PLEASE TELL ME OF A FEW PLACES I WOULD APPRECIATE IT!! THANKS. JEFF COSTIGAN.
[signature]
hello deerhunter101 ,
i dont know i live in michigan but you can try the new york board for
some fishing spots[Smile]
[signature]
How you doing Deerhunter,

I'm from the Albany area. I fish alot in Lake George and Lake Champlain also some smaller lake in the local area

The small lakes are hard to get on limited access sites. Pick up a NYS Topo map for under 20 bucks at a book store

It will show lakes and ponds across Ny and also type of fish they hold. Launch sites if you are using a boat. If you need a good place for a trip I suggest Black Lake. This lake is up by the St.Lawrence. A lot of Bass and panfish for dinner. Good Luck Chief.
[signature]
[unimpressed]This is the best time to hit the river for some stripers!
[signature]
CHANDO, THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE TO MY EMAIL, BUT I AM LOOKING FOR LAKES AND PONDS NOT RIVERS!! ALSO LOOKING FOR LARGEMOUTH AND SMALLMOUTH. THANKS FOR GETTING BACK TO ME. BYE, JEFF COSTIGAN.
[signature]
CHANDO, THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE TO MY EMAIL, BUT I AM LOOKING FOR LAKES AND PONDS NOT RIVERS!! ALSO LOOKING FOR LARGEMOUTH AND SMALLMOUTH. THANKS FOR GETTING BACK TO ME. BYE, JEFF COSTIGAN.
[signature]
I was wondering if you found a suitable lake for your species?

if so how did you do?

if not just ask, we will find something near you for the spring opener.
[signature]
lets start with what you have tried.

have you tried any of these lakes? these have been veiwed as some of the best bass lakes of new york.
[li]Lake Champlain - Lake trout, landlocked salmon, brown trout, smallmouth bass, yellow perch, walleye, and northern pike. [li][url "http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/reg8/lakes/index.html"]Finger Lakes[/url] - Walleye, smallmouth bass, lake trout, brown trout, rainbow trout, and landlocked salmon.[/li] [li]Oneida Lake - Walleye, perch, and smallmouth and largemouth bass. [li]Lake Ontario - Pacific salmon, lake trout, brown trout, rainbow trout/steelhead, walleye, black bass, northern pike and panfish. [li]Lake Erie - Walleye, smallmouth bass, rainbow trout/steelhead.[/li] [li]Cayuga Lake - lake trout, brown trout, rainbow trout, landlocked salmon, black bass, yellow perch[/li] [li][url "http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/reg8/lakes/seneca.html"]Seneca Lake[/url] - lake trout, brown trout, rainbow trout, landlocked salmon, smallmouth bass, yellow perch, northern pike[/li] [li][url "http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/reg8/lakes/keuka.html"]Keuka Lake[/url] - lake trout, brown trout, landlocked salmon, smallmouth bass, yellow perch[/li] [li][url "http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/reg9/chaulake/index.html"]Chautauqua Lake[/url] - walleye, muskellunge, black bass, crappie, yellow perch, panfish[/li] [li]Saratoga Lake - black bass, walleye, northern pike, bluegill, pumpkinseed, yellow perch[/li] [li]Black Lake - black bass, northern pike, crappie[/li] [li][url "http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/reg8/lakes/honeoye.html"]Honeoye Lake[/url] - largemouth bass, walleye, chain pickerel, panfish[/li] [li][url "http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/reg8/lakes/conesus.html"]Conesus Lake[/url] - black bass, walleye, northern pike, tiger muskellunge[/li] [li][url "http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/reg8/lakes/canandai.html"]Canandaigua Lake[/url] - lake trout, rainbow trout, brown trout, yellow perch, black bass[/li] [li]Waneta Lake - muskellunge, pickerel, black bass, panfish[/li] [li]Otisco Lake - black bass, tiger muskellunge, walleye[/li] [li]Owasco Lake - lake trout, brown trout, black bass, northern pike[/li] [li]Lake Ronkonkoma - largemouth bass, panfish, walleye, tiger muskellunge[/li] [li]Prospect Park Lake - largemouth bass, panfish, carp[/li] [li]Kissena Lake - largemouth bass, panfish, carp[/li] [li]Oakland Lake - largemouth bass, panfish, carp[/li] [li]Central Park Lake - largemouth bass, panfish, carp[/li]

these waters dont show up as hot bass spots for your county, but you may want to try them if you havent already, especialy the ones that have electric troling motors only.

Water - Cliff Lake
Town - Lumberland
Location – Walk in access 1 mile from parking lot. From east end of Mongaup River bridge off County Route 43. Go north on rough access road and follow signs to parking.
Type of launch –
Parking – 8 cars
Comments – Electric motors only. Open May 1- November 30.
Agency – DEC

Water - Basher Kill Marsh
Town -
Location – 4 miles south of Wurtsboro, Town of Mamakating. Off Route 209, Haven Road and South Road.
Type of launch – Hand launch (4)
Parking – 8-20 cars per site
Comments – Electric motors only
Agency – DEC

Water - Crystal Lake
Town - Freemont
Location – Off Lake Tennanah Road on Crystal Lake Road, 8 miles southwest of Hamlet of Roscoe. Rough road.
Type of launch – Hand launch
Parking – 30 cars (0.1 mi from lake) lakeside for 5 cars
Agency – DEC

Water - Lake Huntington
Town - Cochecton
Location – Off Route 42 on Narrowsburg Road (Co Rte 113), Town of Cochecton.
Type of launch – Concrete ramp
Parking – 5 cars and trailers
Comments –
Agency – DEC

Water - Lake Superior
Town -
Location – On Dr Dugan Road 1.5 miles south of the Hamlet of Bethel.
Parking – 120 cars
Comments – Electric motors only. By daily fee or annual permit.
Agency – DEC

Water - Loch Sheldrake
Town - In Hamlet of Loch Sheldrake, Town of Fallsburg. DEC cooperative agreement. Junction Route 52 and Hasbrouck Road.
Location – Hand launch
Type of launch –
Parking – 20 cars
Comments –
Agency – Municipal

Water - Mongaup Falls Reservoir
Town - Forestburgh
Location – Off Route 42 on Forestburgh Road in the Town of Forestburgh.
Type of launch – Concrete ramp
Parking – 10 cars and trailers
Comments – Electric motors only. Open April 1- November 30.
Agency – DEC

Water - Mongaup Pond
Town - DeBruce
Location – Campground, Town of Rockland. Off Route 17 at exit 96, 6 miles west on DeBruce Road (County Route 81& 82) to the Hamlet of DeBruce, 3 miles north of Mongaup Pond Road at Mongaup Pond Campsite.
Parking – 20 cars
Agency – DEC

Water - White Lake
Town - North White Lake
Location – Off Route 17B west of the City of Monticello, Town of Bethel, 1 mile north on White Lake Road (County Route 55) in the Hamlet of North White Lake.
Type of launch – Hard surface ramp and fishing pier
Parking – 24 cars and trailers
Comments –
Agency – DEC

Water - Rio Reservoir
Town -
Location – Old Plank Rd off Rt 42, 2 1/4mi southwest of the Hamlet of Forestburgh, Town of Forestburgh.
Type of launch – Hand launch (just north of dam)
Parking – 15 cars and trailers
Comments – Electric motors only. Open April 1- November 30.
Agency – DEC

have you ever concidered fish feeding cycles or changing up on presentations or targeting different areas than you normaly fish?

this may be a bigger issue for you other than locations.

I know bass may be your main target, but on the off cycle days walleye may be a nice alternitive. they dont have the same feeding cycle, they feed when hungry.
[signature]
Basher Kill Marsh is a bass paradise. Smallies and LMB hang out all over the place. And they are monsters.
Because it is a current fed marsh, it is packed with weed, grass and lillies, so jigging or weedles rigs are a must.
I have fished it for about three years now and it is an excellent spot once you get used to fishing it.

The other lakes and ponds around the state are either private or limited access. Most don't have boat launches, do not allow gass motors and many require a hike in, thus I have chosen to invest in float tubes instead of boats.
Many of the ponds or small lakes which have limited development are fishable by simply asking permission from a resident.

Good luck.

-ABT-
[signature]
I have had some great Bass [smallies and bucket mouth] fishing reports coming out of Kinderhook Lake just south of Albany on the east side of the river in Columbia county. There is a launch on the out let for small boats only.
[signature]