Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QUANTUM RESPONSE SPINNING REEL
LOOKING FOR INFO ON THE QUANTUM RESPONSE RE4LTi OR RE3LTi SPINNING REELS. iF YOU HAVE OWNED OR USED ONE I WOULD LIKE TO HERE YOUR INPUT (PRO'S AND CON'S) ON THIS REEL.... THANKYOU, SCOOB
[signature]

Hey there scoob,

I have a Quantum model Catalyst PTi, PT, CT30PTi spinning reel. I bought this reel and I'm pretty sure it was a mistake. Smooth retrieve, roller pickup guide, titanium bail for what's that worth, smooth brake but low end adjustment leaves a little to be desired, and came with two aluminum spools.

So... why do I want to complain? Just this, even properly seated, checked and checked again, the spool wobbles on the shaft when you move it with your fingers. When reeling there is no problem BUT push one side of the spool or the other and the inside surface of the spool that covers part of the body almost touches said body. This is wierd!

Guess what? I went to the Fred Hall show here in Southern California and went straight to the Quantum reel display and....... the same reel as mine and a few others in the series did the exact same thing. The side pressure of the line will not cause the shaft to become bent but I still am annoyed.

Why a problem? It's just plain unatural wear on parts, possible binding, or whatever with the added drag.

Reel works fine BUT........

Make sure your's doesn't have this annoying characteristic. Yes, I did take it to be looked at for missing parts and there wasn't a problem.

I know your thinking about a different reel, just make sure it doesn't have what mine came with. ha ha

JapanRon
[signature]
THANKYOU RON, I AM SHOPPING FOR A SPINREEL FOR LIGHT SALTWATER WADE FISHING AND THE QUANTUM CAUGHT MY EYE MAINLY BECAUSE OF THE WATERPROOF DRAG AND LOW PRICE. HOWEVER I HAVN'T FOUND ANYBODY HERE ALONG THE TEXAS COAST THAT USES THEM ...I HAVE BEEN USEING QUANTUM BAITCASTING 1310MG FOR SOME TIME AND I'M VERY HAPPY WITH THEM--A QUALITY REEL... BUT THEIR HAS TO BE A REASON WHY THE QUANTUM SPIN REEL HASN'T CAUGHT ON... I HAVE SEVERAL SMALL SPINS FOR FRESHWATER USE AND THE SHIMANO IS SUPERIOR OF THE ONES I OWN... I WILL PROBABLY END UP WITH A SHIMANO, BUT THEY COST ABOUT 3 TIMES MORE THAN A QUANTUM WITH SAME EXTRAS... THANKYOU FOR YOUR INPUT RON, IT WAS VERY HELPFUL....LOL SCOOB
[signature]

Hi there scoob.

Again, the performance of my reel is good just... Oh ya, I'm embarrased to have to admit I spent about $100 to buy this reel. It too was bought for medium duty, Southern California style surf fishing. (no need to cast over 50 or 60 feet) We use lots of plastics, croc's, etc.

Good luck on your search, hang around, others may want to put their two cents in.

JapanRon
[signature]