Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vermilion Reef
Heading offshore towards the VR this Saturday. We'll be heading out fo MI around four in the morning, trying to get an early start on the day. The conditions couldn't be any better for an offshore run, and i'm not going to let this one pass me by. The same old crew Eric, me, and my son are hittin' it as usual.

The NOAA is calling for 5 to 10 kt winds with 2-3' seas out past 40 miles. Doesn't get much better than that. i think it's a S to SW wind, so maybe something sporty might blow in from way out, like a snake wahoo or sail. I know the Mahi and kings are thick, and the grouper, snapper, and reef donkeys are always ready to play. Should be a great trip. There is a mild temp break right along the depth contour just north of VR. Should be interesting to see if it's holding anything. I know there were some really nice rips on the last trip, like a 4 degree drop in temp, about half as wide as a football field. Hot spots is showing the surface temp at VR at 77.6, so it will be in the 78 degree range by Saturday i'm sure.

If anyone is heading out Saturday, post up your boat and VHF channel.
[signature]