Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late July Visit
My family and I will be visiting the Park City area during the last week of July. I hope to spend some time on the local waters with my son (Age 16).

I'd appreciate any recommended rivers/creeks, tips, etc. Also a rod size recommendation 4wt or 5wt. (I may pick-up a new rod) Any information would be appreciated!
[signature]
Middle Provo is right there by Park City. Upper and lower are close enough, but the upper has allot of private land .
Either a 4 or a 5 weight will work. I would say a 5 for all around in an 8 1/2' to a 9'.
Enough of us fish that stretch so maybe when it gets a little closer to the date you will be here. Post and see if anyone will be around.
The FLOWS hopefully will be stable by then but we are cool right now with allot of rain and allot of snow still in them there hills.
[signature]
Ya the flow on the middle Provo near the Jordanelle Dam was real fast last weekend Id suggest extreme caution wading in wader. Hopefully it will have calmed down by then

The Weber River near Wanship is not to far from there also
[signature]
Thank you both for your responses and input. I will stay tuned in over the next month.
[signature]