Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing for bass and catching eyes!
kok_head caught this 25" eye on a Maniac Salt Stick in Shad while fishing for LMB in N. Utah. This fish was very healthy. What a pleasant surprise.[Smile]
[inline 105_1290.JPG]
[signature]
Wow, that's pretty sweet. Shoot me a pm. I've caught a few 'eyes by accident but that is way out there.
[signature]
Nice Eye, did it fight ?
[signature]
Peeled drag off his reel for 20' and made 3 good runs.[Wink]
[signature]
Nice fish !!! catching a walleye while fishing for bass happens quite a bit at U.L. and D.C. later chuck
[signature]
That happens a lot to us. A couple of years ago we headed to the Columbia in search of bass and ended up catching 66 lbs of walleye with the biggest coming in at 11 lbs.

We also have days where we are walleye hunting and end up catching a great bag of bass that would put us into the top 10 of any tournament.

Funny how it works up here on the Columbia River. Has anyone ever tried to catch walleye on a fly rod? Any success? [fishin]
[signature]
yes, i dont know if i would call it success. i used my flyrod at sanchez res. in southern colorado with a yello muddler minno on sinking line. caught 7 eyes. nothing ginormous, biggest went about 3 lbs. shoot out line, set my fly rod down for a few moments to make sure that fly got to the bottom, did several erratic fast strips, and wham, would hook one. i even got 2 pike that day. it ended up taking to long to cast with my dad sitting next to me on the bow so i switched back to the spinning rod.
[signature]