Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can you angle/cast in streams or is it only fly
i fish for bluefish and stirpers in Cape Cod alot, and I fish for small mouth bass around my house, but there are lots of streams/rivers/brooks conecting the resiviors. I want to go fishing in one of these this friday and I want to know if and how you can cast/angle a river or is it that you can only fly there. if you can angle what type of luers do you use, i would imagine small feathered spinners,
[signature]
If there are any trout or smallies in the streams, they will most definitely hit a Blue Fox or Panther Martin spinner. Silver, black, gold are your best bets. Cast them across and up stream slightly and reel steady back to you. Good luck.
[signature]
in colorado, the bulk of the fish you'll find in our rivers/streams/creeks are rainbow trout, brown trout, kokanee salmon, steelhead trout, brook trout, arctic grayling and smallmouth bass. having said that, I've had luck on all of them except grayling on panther martin spinners. I always go for the grooved bullet style bodies with feathered trebles unless I'm really trying to match a hatch I know they're pounding. I've even caught some smallies in rivers here on tube baits, but don't do that often. if I want conventional smallie fishing I generally stick to lakes.

anyway, point is you should have luck with panther martins if you pick up some in a couple sizes and in gold, silver and possibly black if you're fishing at night or early in the morning. I'd recommend panther martin over blue fox inline spinners just because blue fox' big perk is the vibration and noise they create with their vibrax line. river and stream fishing for most species doesn't require added sound - it's all about location. that's why sight fishing in smaller rivers and streams works so well - you can see if they're there and what sort of structure they're holding in. if they're waiting in a calm pocket and all of a sudden a silver or gold panther martin comes cruising over a drop to them they're going to react instantly and take it. g'luck!
[signature]