Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 Pic - 'Toon
I recently moved to AK and wasn't able to bring many things with me. One item in particular that has affected me the most by leaving behind in CO, was my float tube. That is until last Friday when I went out and purchase a new float (pic attached).[cool]

It's going to be a blast on lakes up here in the Fairbanks area and perfect for running some rivers too! Not sure what they call it exactly, but it's a 9 footer from Sportsman's Warehouse ('Sportsmans 9' I guess).
[signature]
that is a great looking ride.. but tbh.. I am more awed by the waters it is sitting next to.. cant wait to see some reports from you with pictures of your results...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Congrats on rejoining the "floatation persuasion". I am sure there are a lot of waters up there that you can float your new toy on...and enjoy better fishing. Just be careful about the whitewater stuff. Unless you are experienced at floating rough water, don't take a chance. Stick with the easy stuff.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I suspect your "Sportsmans" is probably a private labeled Outcast Fish Cat. Those are good craft at a reasonable price. Quite a few of them in Utah.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Fairbanks? Isn't that where they have 10 months of harsh winter and 2 months of poor ice skating? Say hi to Santy Claus for me. Don't tell him I have been a good boy. He knows better.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
And this spot is only a 20 mile jaunt from work. Many more spots to come. Can't wait to get onto Minto Flats and Quartz Lake. I attached a few more pics though (only 1 fish). One is Badger Slough during a very busy weekend. Second one is my first AK fish, Grayling. Third one is a tiny creek leading into Lost Creek Lake. And the last is Little Harding (no motorized boat allowed and hardly any people!). More pics forthcoming once I get a little more time off (hopefully of some bigguns'[sly]).
[signature]
those are some awesome pictures.. thank you for posting them.. cant wait to see more once you get out on that toon..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
I've had a little experience navigating white-water in a kayak, but not a whole lot. Luckily, there are plenty of people to go out with here that do have that experience. I'm going to ease into the whole white-water thing. Start small and see how things go. Thanks for the concern!

You must have this Fairbanks Confused with another. Its pretty warm out today, highs at about 60 degF.[:p]

Don't worry, Santa will be breaking our lumps of coal off the same block.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]That 60 degrees almost sounds good. Here in Utah we keep having "Revolving spring"...warm one day and cold and windy for the next week. We have scheduled summer for August 13th...one day...that's it.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you have the stamina those LONNNNNNNNNG days in summer will let you fish a lot of hours. You pay for it in the winter, with no light for days, but you can kill yourself with pleasure during the summer.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Go for it.[/#0000ff]
[signature]