Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sonar screen on jon boat
I can't decide where to mount my Humminbird sonar screen on my jon boat. There really isn't a very obvious place for it. Anyone have any good creative ideas? On my last jon I mounted the screen to the transom... it was ok, but i think looking forward to see it would be more convenient. I would rather not rig together a big wooden structure to hold it either.
[signature]
They make some pretty nice ajustable ram mounts that you could use mabey even get a couple of the base mounts then be able to move to diffrent locations?? M.H.
[signature]
This might not be what you had in mind but one of the guys I fish with all the time (wiperslayer), put a set on his boat that might work for you. He installed a pole holder mount, the kind that holds your pole while trolling, on the side of his boat, then he cut off the top of the pole holder, leaving just the part that goes into the mount. The base of the pole holder was then mounted to the bracket for the finder. The advantage of this system is that it can be easily removed and you might be able to buy a ram mount that will do the same thing. I can get some pictures of this set up if your interested.
[signature]
That sounds like a good idea Wiperhunter. I am going to be in SLC soon and I am going to look at different mounts and rod holders. I have to be careful where I mount stuff or it gets in the way of when I run out of gas and have to row back to the launch [Smile]
[signature]
Here are some pictures of the finder mount and how it looks with the rod holder connect to the bottom of it. I also included a picture of the rod holder mount that will go in your boat. If you do not want to drill holes to mount it you could come up with a clamp that you could remove when you don't need the finder or just want it out of the way.
[signature]
Thanks for the pics. That is very helpful. I am going to be at cabelas on wednesday and will hopefully find something like this.
[signature]
I think the brand name of the ones I use is Attwood.
[signature]