Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snowing in June Jordanelle
About 9:00 I could stand it no more so I hooked up my boat and headed for Jordanelle...

It was snowing as I topped Parleys and down the other side, I hope its not going to be to bad to fish...

I got to the lake and more snow and rain mix, no wind so I launched and started to fish....
Got the first smallie in 25' and found more bass from 15' to 25' and the snow stopped and only clouds over head...

As the sun popped out about 4:30 the wind started up by 7:00 I was loading my boat, Snow rain sun and wind, but what a great day of fishing...

Air temps at 10:00 (39) water was 50, at 7:00 water was 53 and air was 59, fish caught was 1 brown 3 rainbows and lots of bass....
[signature]
Sounds like a good trip.
I remember you mentioned catching smallies at East Canyon, which part of lake was it? I have tried to talk to people along the shore, nobody seemed to know. BTW, I am fishing from shore.
[signature]
Great report. I'm new to bass fishing and have never been fishing at Jordanelle. I planning to get up there next week and get into some nice bass. I was hoping you could tell me what kind of areas would be best to look for bass. I think rocky and weedy areas, but I am not sure. If you would be willing to share your knowlege I would be grateful.

Thanks, Travis

PS. Do grubs and Senkos work well at Jordanelle?
[signature]
Strange weather, you still killed them. Nice catch Cliff.
[signature]
From shore it can be hard, they hear or fell you walking on shore and I move all over the lake in a boat....

Any of the points could hold bass they are moving to there summer hunts, last year most of the bigger bass was caught and kepted so most are 9" to13" and not as many of them....
[signature]
Gubs, senkos and cranks and some top water could be working if it warms up...

All the lake has to do to fill up to full pool is about 3 to 5' more and some good warm days and Jordanelle will turn on...

Last week an 8 lb smallie was caught in a club tournament but then the water cooled down 5 to 7 deg. and some storms moved through but summer is coming...(soon I hope)
[signature]
Some of the best fishing is when the low comes in with little to no wind, but as soon as it passes it can get tuff...
[signature]
Great report. Thanks.

Quote:last year most of the bigger bass was caught and kepted so most are 9" to13" and not as many of them....

Is this true? I really don’t know. So is there is poaching going on at Jordanelle? The Guidebook says all bass at J-nelle over 12” must be released immediately. Aren’t CO’s checking catches there? Or are they too busy attending to the boat ramp? Again, I don’t know, I rarely fish there.

It’s frustrating to hear this kind of stuff. Bass grow, what, 2-3” per year?
[signature]
I seriously doubt many anglers are taking big bass out of Jordanelle. Some folks always feel if they don't catch a big one in the exact same place they have fished over and over and over for the last 10 years then some poacher stole their fish. Perhaps the big ones have wised up OR maybe they are so intuned to the enviromental conditions they can recognize or smell a certain anglers boat and/or after shave.........LOL
[signature]
When you passed my bus on 5400 S. I thought "man, Bassrods is really slipping still in town and the sun has been up for hours". Though it was a little hard to be sure about the sun with all the clouds and rain.
[signature]
When it is snowing and raining I have sense enough to stay home and watch a ball game or something. Only a demented fish-aholic like Bassrods would be out fishing in a snow storm. Maybe that is why he catches so many fish all the time. I tip my hat to him.[Wink]

I think it would be really fun for several of us to lay for Bassrods up at Jordanelle, beat up on him and take all of his fishing rods, lures, and his boat away from him. Then tell him he will never be allowed to fish again... ever! Then we can all kick back and watch him go bananas. Then just before the security people come to haul him away to a secure facility for treatment we can return his equipment on the condition that take us all out for a smallmouth seminar. Let's wait for a nice warm day though before we do it. Any interest??
[signature]
Raymariner was asking about East Canyon bass, but yes people do keep bass over the 12" size at Jordanelle and when I see them I turn them in 7 so far this year by me....

On just about all lakes have the law breakers and it is easy for them to do if no one turns then in....
[signature]
I had a few things to get done first and I wanted to see if the wind was going to blow like the weather man said...
[signature]
If you try that there would be blood shied....[Wink]

But the seminar I do all the time when ask, like boat shows and Willow pond and at Deer creek and in stores...Just set it up and we'll do what we can...
[signature]
no thanks 8incher, You can have that plan all to yourself
[signature]
He was talking about East Canyon. I think most folks are aware on Jordanelle. But I think there is less enforcement up at EC and some of the smaller lakes.
[signature]
2 weekends ago I released 2 in the 18'' to 19'' range. We always release Bass. I have seen others look like they are putting them in the livewell.
[signature]
You complain about people killing all the big Bass, yet you just had to be the first in the world to blab about how fantastic the Bass fishing is at East Canyon and did it all on the World Wide Web! " Hello" that is what the WWW stands for!
Stop complaining Cliff!
[signature]
Thanks for the report you are truly dedicated or is that addicted. I am not sure which.
[signature]
All you can do is try to tell the dumm one the law and hope they can learn...

And if that don't work call in the law to show then the right path....
[signature]