Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who wants to have a BFT willard tournament?
Due to recent happenings and the negative feeling myself and many others have about them, i am asking all who are interested to do one where everyone including bank fisherman and tubers/tooners are welcome. It can be an all-species contest or something similar. Not sure if BFT will put anything up as of yet or help in any way, but it will be more for the friendship and get together. We could have a BBQ and some kids things possibly. If you are interested in doing something like this reply to this post and we can see if it is feasible to get going.[cool]
[signature]
Let's do it!![sly]

FF462
[signature]
LH2,
I was thinking the same thing and Willard would be a perfect spot. I was thinking of going out there for the 1st time sometime this week or next weekend to try it out. Anyhow, I could use some of the extra money (if any) from the Iraq shipment to donate in some sort of way. Good idea in my book!!!
TS
[signature]
Why dont you buy yourself some new running shoes...[laugh][shocked].

FF462
[signature]
Sounds like a good time. LH,
[signature]
Just to clear the air a little, at least in my defense, I didnt even see the 6th Annual report until I had already posted on here. And I do think you are being a little harsh on LH2. So what if he wants to do another Tourney up at Willard??? I guess in his defense at least he is doing it the RIGHT way and INVITING EVERYONE!!! Anyhow, I am trying to tone my "opinions" down a notch, so I dont want to get into a "pissing" match here!!!

FF462- I know I need a new pair, but they havent fallen apart just yet!!![Wink]

TS
[signature]
You should probably reconsider using money that was donated for a specific reason for something completely unrelated. It is not only unethical but illegal [:/].
[signature]
Yeah, I know what you are saying, but I have asked several peoples opinion and have gotten great feedback and ideas like maybe whatever is left we can do it again (another shipment) it doesnt matter to me where the $$$ goes as long as it goes to helping the troops and if not that I think it should be put back into the BFTer's hands sort to speak(like a BFT event) since they are the ones that donated it. I just dont want to have extra $$$ in my hand and not do something RIGHT with it if you understand!!!! Anyhow, do you have an idea of what we can do with it, if there is any extra (ship the box's Tuesday)????
TS

P.S. I maybe ignorant but why would it be illegal? Just curious!!!
[signature]
(sorry if this posts twice... my computer is actin' up)

Yay!
If we do it on/after July 5, I can contribute $10 somehow. Whether that's to help pay for any pavilion fees, buying 10 kid toys (at the dollar store), bringing drinks (soda & water) or whatever.
I wonder if I'll be the only bank tangler... unless somebody lets me tag along in their boat [sly]
[signature]
If all who have shown interest on having one show it on this post, i am positive there will be someone who will gladly invite you on their boat.[Wink]
[signature]
I would participate depending on date .
[signature]
LH2,
Count me in on a get together for the "whole" gang, as I would like to put faces to the names on the "utah" site.
Where? When?......contest? or just lets fish and meet.
Maybe many of you are acquainted with each other, but for (I think) the majority of us we don't know many or any of the monitors. And since 100's of posts are made by the monitors for this board I think you have to have "big" name tags on you the entire day[sly],,,,,,,[Wink]. Now its not that we want to make targets out of you, but that we get to know you.
cast..ttl
[signature]
lets do it
[signature]
Count me and RAK in.

A few things to consider would be the reservation for a pavilion,(if you plan on renting one) it is most likely booked through August. If you get lucky you could pick one up if some one cancels.

Another issue is over 50 people and/or $500.00 in prizes you will need to purchase a permit from DWR and State Parks. State Parks permits can be picked up with in a week or two but DWR permits could take up to 6-8 weeks. On top of that a $10.00 per head fee will be required, this money will be paid to the State Parks.

Sounds like a lot of fun. Let me know if I can help in any way.
[signature]
I can't quote you the exact regulation/law. When my sister had cancer we did lots of research into fund raising and the regulations around it and you have to be very careful what you spend donated monies on. Maybe you could pick up some extra stuff and send it with this shipment to make up the difference.[Smile]
[signature]
Sounds like 49 people are invited...[:/]. Sorry, couldn't help myself. If you don't mind checking up on an available date for a pavillion I'd love to go. Of course if it's a tourney weekend I can't make it so I think we need to set a date, it sounds like people are interested.
[signature]
Any fishing contest where you bring in fish you need a permit and I think it cost $150.00 + State parks fees its the new law....The bass clubs are trying to get it changed but they need help....

That fee is not for just bass tournaments but any and all that bring in fish...
[signature]
ts any money you have left do with what you want i dont think anyone here is going to bring a law suit i think what you said about the toutney would be fine.lunker lets do it after them darn bugs die should take just a little hot weather and they will all be gone.count me in we can stage a flaregun shot in the middle,it will be great.i have several flares left from shooting carp out therer.pick a date and stick to it invite everyone.the more the merryier[Smile]
[signature]
Gotchya!!! That is probably what will end up happening anyway, just thought I would throw it out there!!! But, if it came down to it for this "event" that LH2 is planning I will be willing to come up with some of my OWN cash to help out in anyway!!!
TS
[signature]
i agree im more than willing to put up some cash to make this happen.balls in your court brody.geterrr done.
[signature]