Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle Walleyes
hey your marching on my ground now. lol . great im gona have someone to talk to in the dark. wish their was a light pole. lol
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Somebody to talk to in the dark? Hey, do you go fishing to talk...or to fish?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]A light pole? I prefer about Med. Light. (Joke)[/#0000ff]
[signature]
i didnt mean talk i need you there to net my big hen walleyes. lol thats all.[Wink]
[signature]
brush and trees take moore than 20 yrs to rot sometimes even longer. look at fg swim beach. in 100 ft we pull brush after all these yrs its not rotted away. ask tarpon jim.
[signature]
How long has Jordanelle been around? 7 or 8 years. Give it a few more. Is there any structure in Deer Creek? Starvation? Yuba? It'll happen.
[signature]
"brush and trees take moore than 20 yrs to rot"

And Jordanelle is already over 10 yrs. old. I know the brush and trees where I fish regularly are already rapidly breaking down, and will largely be gone in my lifetime. If the eyes become established, it will hasten the change from the spectacular 'clicker counting" large bass mecca that it is to another Deer creek with clouds of undersized, slow growing smallies and skinny hard-to-catch eyes looking for forage that isn't there. Whoo-hoo![:/]
[signature]
[quote Fishrmn]How long has Jordanelle been around? 7 or 8 years.[/quote]
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I remember that Jordanelle Dam was being completed in 1992 and the reservior was pretty much full after the winter of '93.

But fishing wasn't allowed on Jordanelle untill 1995 after an extensive stocking program for two years.
[signature]
You're right. I don't see anything about Jordanelle that will make it different than Deer Creek, Yuba, or Starvation.
[signature]
explain why the sage is still on the bottom of the berry or fg? can you? and all 3 of the waters you listed go threw low water witch put brush out of water where the air hits it and it dries out then gets wet and dries out again. this is how wood and things decay. with out air it takes a long long time for things to rott away. ask brazure about the sage at fg he will confirm my comments.
[signature]
Please... somebody call the waaaaaambulance. Kent, remember people dang it!! It hurts feelings if you forget names [Wink]

Excuse me while I attend my home ec class in middle school.
[signature]
And Jordanelle goes through high and low water cycles. Probably gonna get worse as demand for water gets higher along the Wasatch front.
[signature]
your funny. and creative. simple fly . and some user name. dud must fit. lol
[signature]
still no explanation. hmmmm. look guys we are getting away from the great news. there are walleyes in jordanelle. praise the fish gods!!!! love you guys. realy i do. lmao. [Smile]
[signature]
Right on Chuck
[signature]
Great news another Wallie fishery, Bassrods have you caught any ?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]The structure...or lack of structure...is largely determined by how the lake was formed. Some lakes have their bottoms bladed clean before filling. Others are left more natural. And, the type of vegetation can make a difference too. Willows only last a few seasons until they disintegrate. However, the scrub oak, like around Jordanelle, will last many years before it breaks down.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Starvation is not a good example. It has been there for several decades. Same with Deer Creek. And neither of them had much more than a bit of sagebrush and a lot of rock around the shorelines. Virtually zero sunken trees. Jordanelle is an underwater forest in many areas and will remain so for at least the next 20 years or so. I will be long gone by then.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Are you wrong...

In spring when perch spawn the lake is at its lowest...
And like all lakes that EYE show up in it is no good for any big fish even walleyes in time...
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]But, as long as that sunken sagebrush lasts in the upper part of the lake, the perch have spawning habitat. Not like Yuba where they need the water to rise up into the vegetation.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
well cliff. i guess ill see how wrong i am after a few yrs. if i am ill eat the crow. lol so have you put any in your boat? no one fishes that place moore than you. but i will be this fall. hunting the hens at night with j 18,s oya.[cool]
[signature]
No I have not caught any walleyes out of Jordanelle...
And I have not seen any walleye come out of there, once I seen a fisherman at the docks that said he had three walleye but all he had was long male perch, long and skinny but not eyes... And some walleyes fisherman that I know have tried to find and catch some but have not at this date, so if they are in there I hope that there are very few if any at all...

If they are and come on in any numbers it will hurt or kill another great lake...
[signature]