Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Snapper
[size 1]In an effort to help each other get on the fish, we will be adding a series of posts entitled by the type of fishing we are targeting and would like all users who wish to include their "favorite way to catch these fish", "favorite spots" (doesn't have to be exact), "favorite guides for these fish", "tackle tips", "recommended tackle", "beginner tips", "boating techniques" or any other information you feel would be helpful to other anglers targeting this type of fish.[/size]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
In my experience, the best way to catch snapper is to go to the oilrigs on the way to catalina and use squid strips that you triple hook. I put the bait all the way on the bottom.
[signature]

Hey there theangler,

As we speak, the Red Snapper run is on in Southern California from the Channel Islands all the way down to San Diego. That equals about 1/5 of the length of the state I believe.

Seems like squid and anything the rockfish like the snappers will snap up. Right now the rockfish, snappers, White Fish and Ling Cod are all in a medium to shallow water rockfishing mode. We are now only allowed to use two hooks per ganion setup so anglers have got to work a little more to fill their sack these days here in California.

What's cool is if you don't see the marks the captain sees, you don't quite know what you'll pull up. And sometimes he's not so sure either!! ha ha

JapanRon
[signature]
Bouncin the iron is the only way to do it!

aaron[pirate]
[signature]