Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
biggest bass
I've won the right to brag a little as I finally landed a really big bass. It weighed fifteen even on my hand held scale but it just looked so big. It didn't fit in the live well so I towed her over to the Marina and set her down on the certified scale. 18 pounds 1 oz. "Oh my God! ","Look at that fish", My mind was a blur as the comments flew. I picked her up and gently pushed her along the dockside until, with one flip of her mighty tail, she threw water all over me and the dock. We could follow her form as she slowly swam along the launch ramp and disppeared under the rental boats. Clouds of small Bluegill scattered from under the dock. She was gone. A gentleman of advanced age told me if that fish was caught two months ago it might weigh close to 20 pounds full of eggs. I'm happy with the whole thing. Caught on a shad color Tiki Worm, rigged weedless wacky with a 2/0 Mosquito hook, on fifteen pound Vanish. 11:15 am 6/14/08 from Mission Viejo Lake, Orange County CA.
[signature]
Cool write up and nice job!
[signature]
Now that is a bass. Good job. If you don't mind, can you post a pic of the rig you were using for others to see?
Congrats on the BIG bass!
[signature]
Great fish. You earned the bragging rights. Going to be tough to beat. Congratulations.
[signature]
While float tubing??? [fishin]
[signature]
Nice job Neighbor.

Where was that one taken from?? The background almost looks familiar.[cool]
[signature]
Not Tubing on this trip. No Tubes allowed! Stupid rules! Otherwise the answer would be yes, possibly the biggest Bass ever caught Tubing??? Whom do I sue? This is California, we are susposed to sue for Tubing rights. To answer TubeN2...Mission Viejo Lake, the one you haven't found time to fish with me yet...[Wink]
[signature]
Awsome catch, I wish Utah had bass like that.
[signature]
Nice fish and nice lake. I guess we will have to hit that sometime soon.

I have a guest from out of town this weekend but I can be freed up 2 weeks after that.[cool]
[signature]
Nice fish sure wish we could grow them that size in UT[fishin] SEE!!!
[signature]
Yep! I'd sue the state of California in a heartbeat!!! They obviously aren't yet aware of the Supreme Court ruling that All American Bass Fishermen are guaranteed the right to keep and bear float tubes when going for the biggun's.

Congratulations on the Behmouth, & Good Fishin',
[signature]
It sounds like you are quoting something from my 1st amendment rights.

I have the right to Fish, Float tube and bait my own hook. lol[laugh]
[signature]