Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1000 lb Sturgeon
I thought you might like this photo I recv. at work today
[font "Consolas"]This Sturgeon was caught on the Willamette River just below Oregon City t wo[/font]
[font "Consolas"]weeks ago. [/font]
[font "Consolas"][/font]
[font "Consolas"]It weighed out at over 1,000 lbs and measured out at 11'1'. It was 56'[/font]
[font "Consolas"]around the girth and took over 6 and a half hours, and 4 dozen beers, for[/font]
[font "Consolas"]the 4 guys taking turns at the reeling it in.[/font]

cc
[signature]
That fish was actually caught up on the Fraser river in BC a couple years ago. The sturgeon do get that big in the Willy and Columbia - I have first hand knowledge/sight/caught of them that big. This is the time of year to catch the oversided sturgeon just downstream of Bonniville dam.
[signature]
Wow. That is a true prehistoric monster. I caught some sturgeon in the Willamette, but it would have taken 100 of mine to weigh as much as their one!
[signature]
are you kidding me? A little boy caught that out of the bear river with his snoopy pole last weekend. The other people just photoshoped themselve in it.[Image: bobwink.gif]
[signature]
Your right except it was a little girl and she had no thumb's, had to use her teeth to reel it in.....true story!!![angelic]

FF462
[signature]
It's sure good to see there are still some big healthy monsters out there.

And to think that people still believe that the Mekong River Catfish in Thailand is the largest freshwater fish ever caught. See pic. Was over 600 pounds.

About half the size of these giant sturgeon!
[signature]
I've caught perch that big [sly].
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Technically, sturgeon are neither freshwater nor fish. They are a primitive cartilaginous skeleton species that live much of their lives (naturally) in salt water.[/#0000ff]
[signature]