Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Creek Reservoir Report

[font "Calibri"][size 3]We fished Bear Creek Reservoir for a little over 8 hours. We ended up catching a bunch of small walleye, a couple of trout, and one smallmouth bass. We were using blown up night crawlers about 2 feet off the bottom. It was mostly nice throughout the day but towards the end of our trip the wind came up out of nowhere and blew very hard which made it hard to cast where we wanted our bait to be. There were a lot of people who were fishing and some of them would come right next to us and cast their line right next to ours. There was only 2 times that they actually crossed us and we had to get it untangled.[/size][/font]
[signature]
That brings back old memories. That makes me feel better about buying gas for the boat and truck to haul it with.
[signature]
I agree, but that reservoir is limited to 10 hp engines and my boat has a 85 hp so we had to fish the shore. But just like you said it would be worth taking a boat. When you say it brings back old memories are you talking about that reservoir or another lake where that happened to you?
[signature]
Never fished that lake but me and my grandfather fished about everyday for several years. We mostly fished Lake Estes,Brainard Lake and many high mnt. lakes in between from shore and I always dreamed of fishing from a boat. I started in a bellyboat, moved to a small boat and then to a safer boat with freedom to leave the group of tanglers on shore but I still have my share of tangles on the boat so maybe it was just me. Grandpa and I was fishing Redrocks Lake above Ward Co. and we had been fishing it a lot so we got to know most of the regular anglers.One day a guy showed up and started crossing lines and cussing up a storm. You know the type just making a seen about everything. This went on for about 5 days, then a guy down the bank started calling him Mr. Redrocks so we all started calling him that so he went to find a new lake.[pirate]
[signature]
I've heard great things about bear lake, how late in the year can you fish it in practical terms?
[signature]
I would say late October, last year I fished it in late October and did very well but we went again a couple weeks later in November and nothing.
[signature]