Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
muskie fishing help class
I am hoping to get a help and learning class going for fishing for muskies.

Hoping to have the class first of next month. Would love help from anyone who thinks they can or anyone who is willing. Going down to talk to DWR this week to get any info they have, and waiting for some info coming in the mail from back in the midwest from Musky magazine and shops. Anyone interested in helping or just coming to please IM me. Hoping this can help us all to have a better knowledge of muskie, how to catch, release, lures, where, etc.

Thanks for any help you can supply.

P.S. Anyone have a musky mount we can borrow for the day?

[center][Image: BASS8424CustomImage0547286.jpg][/center] [center] [/center]
[signature]
[Smile][font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] I don't know squat about Musky fishing, but I really want to learn. If this would help me learn to catch them and what to use, count me in, I'll attend.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
I'm with AFDan52 on this one . I don't know squat on it , but I'm am learning . I can tell you if Coot has a fish and feed and it blows and rains , you can hook them on walleye gear . Just need to beef up the line and some steal leader would be good . LOL !! tight lines
[signature]
i have fished muskie's back in the north east.. and have found that they are alot like pike.. i would have a mount for you but the butt head in mass mested it up and never got in done but charged me 150.00$ for not mounting for me.. by the way it was a small one only 48" about 35lbs.. the best thing i can tell any one that wants to fish for muskie is get some big top water,big spiners, big cranks, and big spoons... and do the 1000 casts and hope the avrage will work out..(note) i caught more muskie and pike fishing for smallmouth in the north east than i did when i was trying to catch muskie or pike.. hope that helps ..

from the fuzzyfisher----------------fish on dudes
[signature]
The next month is a good time to go after the tigers.When the water gets 60 to 65 degrees in the bays. When fishing the bays It is better to fish in the middle of the bays in 6 to 8 feet of water rather than the flooded brush along the shore. The best lure I have found for them is a Rapala cdj-9 (rainbow pattern). It is the sinking jointed Rapala. It cast alot further than the floating style. Unfortuanatly Rapala no longer makes them and they are a rare find in stores. A good alternative is a Rapala taildancer in rainbow. Sit in the middle of the bays and just start casting away. Remember to stay in that depth range. You will get one eventually. I have caught good numbers of them this way in May including some 50+ inchers. If you do not have a boat walk the shore up near Spring creek bay. here is a picture from last may.

[url "http://www.momentoffame.com/snapshot.html?id=17301"]http://www.momentoffame.com/snapshot.html?id=17301[/url]
sounds like it will be a good turn out so far. I going to try to put a time in the class for all that want to share what they know can. hoping that we all can learn from each other. utah still being new(kind of)at muskies still have a lot to learn about them,and we have to look at things like the muskie here dont spawn and don't always act like most muskie that you read or see on tv.but I'm hopeing we can all learn about these great fish.
[signature]
I have spent hours out there getting myself frustrated and would love to here a little input from somone who has had a bit more success than myself.

tightline
[signature]
Count me in for this one! So far this spring I am up to about 800 casts with only 1 visible follow![Sad] I've almost given up on them so any info. would be great.
You can count me in on the lessons too. I haven't fished for them yet. I wanted to get started this year. I have most of the gear I would need. I've caught plenty of Pike for a warm up. I'm ready coach...send me in.
[signature]
will you be doing this over chat, or what is up with that, and will it cost anything?
[signature]
sorry no I wont be doing it over chat, want to do it with a hands on thing. and no it won't cost,I'll pay for much of it."I might put a jar out for those who would like to put in but you dont have to."and for those that said they can bring stuff I'll pm you soon and let you know.
[signature]
wow just found out that nathan of bettencout baits is willing to donate some ASSASSIN'S for door prizes a BIG THANKS to him. looks like we will be having some fun I'm still working on getting a place to do this. the one I had in mind would be to small now looks like we will have about 30 or more people coming. thats going to be great. I will keep you all in the loop about whats happing.
[signature]
Would you be doing this at Pineview? I have done a little muskie fishing and think it would be fun for every one to share ideas. A friend and I would be interested in participating.
[signature]
You can count me in, I started my "muskie career" yesterday, with no luck of course.
[signature]
ill talk to my pops, he is getting started in muskies and needs help im sure. If it is okay with him you can count me in but its not a sure thing
[signature]
Hey Bud , It took me about 300 cast to get one to bite . I'm fishing it from shore too , so it can be work . Good Luck to ya , and don't give up !! Tight lines
[signature]
nomoose,
I too would like to learn how to latch onto the tigers. I have my only muskie on a board that I could bring along as long as nobody laughs at me. It was stored in my garage a dozen years ago and I once placed in harm's way. Long story short, my wife backed over it with our Corvette and now the head and a fin need a little attention. It was caught when I was 15 and I won 3rd place in the Muskies, Inc. International Muskie Tournament on Leech Lake, Minnesota, in 1976. My dad was, I believe, in 13th place in the Release Division, fairly new that year. I grew up on a campground with most of our customers chasing muskies. I can tell many a yarn about the 1970s and the characters, their fishing success stories and the way we fished for them. I no longer have the photos to back up the stories of others but do have mine. You're probably wondering: the fish was 47 1/4 inches long, 24 lbs. 12 oz and was quite thin. Folks at Muskies, Inc. had no clue that Pineview or other Utah lakes had muskies but after my 3 year old son caught one in March, 2002, they learned. Has anybody thought about setting up a chapter locally? I think there is one in Colorado but mostly upper Midwest, now Kentucky and several other states. Let us know the date, place, etc. Thanks!!!
Kevin
[signature]