Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I got a new rod and reel today
Hey ya'll..

My wife got me a new rod and reel for my birthday and here it is...

[url "http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SceneSevenDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=23007&scene7Path=BassPro%2f940-980-00%3flayer%3dcomp%26wid%3d500%26hei%3d500%26fmt%3djpeg%26qlt%3d100%2c0%26op_sharpen%3d0%26resMode%3dtrilin%26op_usm%3d1.0%2c1.0%2c0.0%2c0%26iccEmbed%3d0&sourceName=images2%2f900-000%2f940-980-00.jpg&type=0&linkEnabled=false"]New Rod and Reel..[/url]

I cant wait to start using it.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Hey there MacFly - I baked you a cake for your birthday. Hope that you can generate a lot of wind. Happy Birthday mi amigo.[Image: bobwink.gif] BTW the picture of your rod & reel didn't come through very well. How about some more details.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[inline "bd cake.jpg"]
[signature]
thank you for the cake.. the link to bps did not work.. ?? hmmmm gotta fire their webmaster.. hehe

its.. well actually its a smallish rod with a very stiff action to it.. :-)... hopefully it will bring in the things that I need while using it.

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Yeah, the Rod and reel is lacking a little detail.

So far it looks like the rod and reel may make the reception on your vehicle a little better. Kinda looks like an antenna. that would be cool, too.

Happy Birthday.

dB
[signature]
HAPPY BIRTHDAY little Bro.
WEIRD! where are all the guides? I never understood those Salt Water gadgets. How Long, what weight, etc?
[signature]
well its about 2.5 feet long.. heavy heavy weight with a really stiff full action to it.. it may rival that new rod you are talking about from England..

used it this moring on the way to work.. responsive.. loved the sound of it in action.. [sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]2½' long? Oh you received an ice rod. Cool.[/size][/#008000][/font][Image: bobwink.gif]
[signature]
no .. its black and red with a little gold reel on it.. [crazy]

MacFly [Smile]
[signature]
AWE! The reel is about the size of a quarter? holds like 15' of fishing line.

Aren't they the office fly rods? Catching the paper on the next desk, stuff like that. Too cool. You still have the Hippest Wifie around.
Treat her right!
[signature]
lol.. sis.. scruffy was right.. it is a car antenna.. somehow word got to my wife that I wanted it for my truck.. so she got it.. now how great is that.. :-)..

MacFly [cool]

[signature]
[Image: happy.gif] [font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Oh now you are messing with my head.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Didn't know that we were playing vegetable, mineral or animal. [Image: bobwink.gif][/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][inline frar.jpg]
[signature]
hehehe that would be the one similart to mine.. cept' its black with red accents..[Wink]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
I have seen those also. I was thinking about getting one, but then wondered how long it would stay on my vehicle. I have a good looking trout for the top of my antenna and I pull it off everytime I leave my car.
Truck is not a problem in that it has XM so the antenna is for looks, but seeing an empty hole would be a bummer.
[signature]
[#ff8000][Image: happy.gif][font "Garamond"][size 4]Heck I remember when the Union 76 antenna ball was popular, it was hard to keep them from being stolen. Good luck Mac on keeping your fly rod safe.[inline 76.jpg][/size][/font][/#ff8000]
[font "Garamond"][#ff8000][size 4][/size][/#ff8000][/font]
[signature]
well so far so good.. I think the details of it are small enough that it does not stand out and yell come get me.. :-).. I like it a lot.. I know it sounds silly but I think it makes my truck just that little bit different from all the rest..

sis.. since the antenna does not affect your xm reception Id say get it.. the only thing is fitting your fish over the top.. this antenna is realistic as it has the line guide at the tip of the rod.. (top of the antenna)..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Will you do any wading with that rod?[Image: bobwink.gif][/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][fishin]
[signature]
Let's hope not considering his vehicle is underneath[laugh]
[signature]
lol..no.. I figure Ill just park my truck on the shoreline.. cast out a line.. and when I hook that really really really big un.. Ill use the truck to haul it in.. [laugh]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Years ago I new a lady that had one of those orange Union 76 balls on her pink mustang. This was long after it was popular.

Because it clashed with her pink mustang and it was way past the thing to have I asked her why she had it. She told me it was so she could find her car when she came out of the bar.

Knowing her, I really believed it was true.
[signature]
lol. gotta admit that orange ball would make her car stick out in a crowd.. this antenna does not stick out that much.. but it is distinctive.. [sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]