Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New lake....
A year ago one guy told me about a lake that has big bass. Didn't get a change to check it out all year, today I had few hours to kill and went over there to check it out. Took two rods with, one bass and one spinning along just in case. Found the lake and it was kinda hiding. Looked good but have to cast as far out because of the weeds so used the bass rod. Five cast and got one bass 14 inches. Lake looks good so I'm getting out the float tube and try it early Sunday morning..
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Sounds like an ideal tubing lake. If it is tough to fish from shore then it should not get as much pounding as the easier ones.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good luck.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I got up Sunday and found the air temp at around 60ish. Loaded up the gear in the truck. Got to the lake and noticed the sky getting darker as the storms was coming in. Found the lake more coffee color than it was Friday from the strong winds all day Saturday. First day of tubing for me. Water's nice not bad but the air was kinda coolish. Casted around and looked like would be a little longer to start catching something. Moved to the other side of the lake as it looks a little more clear and start casting again around. First cast I got him! Sky is getting more darker then it start poring rain pretty hard and I'm getting soaked. Another bass caught almost the same size, no pic, too much raining. Then it stopped raining and caught another bass pic here. I was getting cold from soaking wet and light winds. Two more bass but smaller than the three, had to quit as my jaws was chattering from the coldness. Lots of frogs here than any other lakes that I have been at.

[#ff0000]Pictures edited for size.[/#ff0000]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Glad you got some fish...along with getting wet and cold. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Nice pictures, but please do not post the large files. You need to resize them to no more than 300 KB...or 1000 pixels. People with dialup service cannot open the big ones.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Loved the Smiley face frog.[/#0000ff]
[signature]