Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking fishing partner
Hoping to find a fishing buddy within 100-150 miles of Colorado Springs. I am happy to do any type of fishing, but prefer bass, tiger muskie, brown/rainbows and walleye. I tend to hit crappies whenever others aren't biting, so I tend to carry a light/ultralight with me for that.

I have a buddy that comes with me often, but he's pretty inexperienced, so finding a more seasoned fishing partner would be nice - easier to relate to and have conversation with about fishing.

anyway, I'm willing to travel within about 200 miles of Colorado Springs for most trips, but will travel statewide for full weekend type trips. I have plenty of tackle and can bring food, etc also. willing to pay for gas, etc. and even trade off on the vehicle we'd be taking with you. all that can be worked out - I'm pretty laid back. hope to hear from ya soon.

ps: I'd like to learn more bass spots in colorado. I've had plenty of success with it in texas and kansas, but it's definitely a much different environment for them here in colorado with the colder temps and clearer waters...so any knowledge on method or nicer bass habitats in CO are a plus. Big Grin
[signature]
I see you made it, hopefully someone in this fine group will show you the way. And I really mean that, because in two years I'll be down there in Golden for some work related training and you will have to take me out fishing.[cool]
[signature]
[laugh]

thanks again for directing me to this site. ezop is a nice guy, folks. he took time to send me a pm letting me know about this site since I had posted in another site for a fishing buddy - and he noticed the colorado "traffic" was heavier on this site.
[signature]
you have a boat? if not i might suggest a float tube/toon. if i wasent in baghdad right this seond the frst things that come to mind are the folloing:

pueblo res. from turkey creek and above
nenoshee res for wiper
john martin from the tresel and further back.

a boat is good but not fully needed. a float tube is perfect, even on big water, just slip into some of the back coves and have a blast. if your in springs you have access to thousdands of miles of phenominal trout streams. the dream stream (south platte) is what an hour or so drive from you. great float tube fishing on spinney, antero also (i hear they are not llowing boats on antero this year though) and of course 11 mile up on the north end of the lke for monster pike, and some good trout fishing.

small mouth fishing has turned on at horse shoe down in walsenburg at lathrop state park. and there is miles and miles of shoreline access there, plus you have the chance to tangle with one of the many 40 inch ++++ tiger musky in there.

on the western slope you have taylor park res, great trout and laker fishing. blue mesa, the nations premier kokane salmon fishery, some huge trout and big lakers also. not sure if any of this will help at all.
[signature]
thanks for the reply! I have a float tube. as for a boat - I sometimes go with a couple friends, but do more float or shore fishing than anything lately.

the western slope I definitely know very well, having lived in grand junction for quite a while. I love taylor and blue mesa res. Caught some nice pike and lakers there in the past.

I've found the shore fishing on horseshoe very limited. so much of it is entrapped with brush and high weeds, etc. It seems a float tube is almost a necessity there. there are some nice tigers in there, but I haven't hooked into a smallie there yet. having limited tiger fisheries here in colorado I guess I always cast for them at horseshoe. Tongue I'll have to try out the smallie fishing there soon. my nephew is moving back from maine as we speak and I plan to take him there for some float tubing.

I'll definitely check out south platte since I fly fish also. thanks for the tip.

by the way, if you're deployed in baghdad make sure and take care of yourself! I have a friend that recently got medivac'd out of iraq, so I definitely respect all that you guys do over there. oh, and watch out for those huge and creepy camel spiders! [shocked] man, those things are freaky...
[signature]
Welcome fretfisherman! Maybe we can get together one of these days. I grew up in KS, so I fished a fair asmount of it years ago. I've been here 37 years. Love bass, walleyes, and crappie, but jiggin' lakers is my current addiction.
[signature]
for sure, Don, and thanks for the welcome. Let me know when your next fishing trip is and where if you want some company. Big Grin whereabout did you live in Kansas, btw? I grew up in El Dorado and Wichita. there are some mighty fine bass waters in Kansas.
[signature]
[quote fretfishman] I grew up in El Dorado and Wichita. there are some mighty fine bass waters in Kansas.[/quote]

Hey!! I grew up in El Dorado! Man, it is a small world!
[signature]
Cool! I cut my teeth bass fishing on the lake outside of El Dorado when I was a kid. Big Grin I also remember my dad making me swim out to submerged trees to un-snag his prized new "lures of the week" every time we went. "man, he sure needs to learn to cast better" I thought to myself. haha, good times. I still have one of his huge fat cranks in my tackle box that was all the rage at the time. compared to cranks of today it is frickin' huge! it's like longer than my shad rap by a bit and fatter than my fattest cranks. I can't bring myself to fish it very often - and only do it then in open water areas - because of not only sentimental value...but also the fact that I can't see a fish actually biting it. [sly]
[signature]
[quote fretfishman]Cool! I cut my teeth bass fishing on the lake outside of El Dorado when I was a kid. Big Grin I also remember my dad making me swim out to submerged trees to un-snag his prized new "lures of the week" every time we went. [sly][/quote]

Ha ha! That lake didn't exist when I was a kid. But I have been back to pluck more than a few crappie out of those trees since then!
[signature]