Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Carolina Weekly Shallow Saltwater Report
South Carolina Weekly Shallow Saltwater Fishing Report<br>Week of 07-29-01 through 08-04-01<br><br>We are still finding some big fish. Several this week were 9+ pounds and four were over 10 pounds each. We also caught some really small ones that were only 8 to 10 inches long. It always makes me happy to see the small ones. It tells me that at least a few are surviving and spawning. I’m always surprised at how large a lure a small red will strike. Several were caught using a 6" long Rapala crank bait and the fish themselves were only an inch or two longer than the bait itself! It sort of reminds me of a dog chasing a car -- what would they do if they did catch it!? Several of the larger fish, seven pounds and up, were caught on Rattle Traps and Big O’s. Most of the others were caught on live mullet minnows. <br><br>For those of you that don’t know, the new bag limits on the reds is supposed to be signed into law on August 13, 2001 by the governor. Once that is done, about two weeks will elapse before it is placed on the books as an enforceable law. That means that by the first of September, there should be a new law in effect that will limit anglers to two red fish per day. I know at least some of you don’t like the law, and would like to leave it as it was. I wish it could have been left as it was also, but for the sake of the fish, not for the sake of the fishermen, it needed to be changed. <br><br><br><br><br>Thanks, Gene Dickson <br>Delta Guide Service http://www.deltaguideservice.com<br>Georgetown, SC<br>1-843-546-3645<br><br>PLEASE NOTE OUR NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS<br>E-mail Address: Delta-Guide-Service@sc.rr.com<br><br>We are a saltwater fishing guide service located on the coast of South Carolina.