Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deweese
I just wanted to throw out a quick report on Deweese since I fished it for a few hours today.

Smallies were hitting hard and fast on a few lures today. I had some nice smallie action: a 5, two 4's, two-three 3's and two-three 2's. (pounds). lures used were swimming senko, bitsy tube, roboworm and mister twister grub.

I tried a 1/4 jig and trailer, a couple crankbaits and 1-2 other lures, but no dice. anyway, smallies were rockin' today...what a nice independence day and only had to spend a couple hours to catch a lot of great fish.

my buddy was nailing smaller ones on a float/pistol pete rig with a slow retrieve, so you could take your kids and everyone gets to have a blast. get to deweese for some fun. [fishin]
fished deweese again the other night and had good luck. caught a couple smallies in the 2-3 lb. range. also hooked into a tiger, but I wasn't expecting him since I was targeting smallies...he sawed my line when I got him within 10 feet of landing. lesson learned - glad I found a tiger in there, though. gonna head back soon and target some tigers for at least an hour so I have a fighting chance at landing one. if anyone wants to hit the lake in the next couple days shoot me an email - I'll be taking my nephew out there.
[signature]