Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Love to fish salwater in Cali
Hi all. My name is Gama. I`m from D.H.S. in California.I mostly fish saltwater, But I love to creek fish for trout.I`m new to this site. Looking to meet more friends in the fishing industry and promote my very new and small online t-shirt business.If you are curious just email me and I will give you the link to check it out,Hope we all have a GREAT summer of fishing.

Gama
[signature]
Hi there KingGamaGama & welcome to the BFT & the Calif forum. I want to thank you for not including your business web site in your signature as that would have been a no, no. Sorry if I appear not to swift but what does D.H.S. stand for? BTW I like fishing creeks, streams & rivers for the trout species. Are you a spin or fly fisherman?
[signature]
Hey dryrod.D.H.S. is Desert Hot Springs.Just north of Palm Springs,ca. When I fish the creek I am a spin man.I`ve never attempted to flyfish before.It looks...how should I say this.....poetic.I`m not sure i could pull it off.Kind of hard handed.I usually fish the Santa Ana River.It`s off of the 38 on the way up to Big Bear.I`m no great fisherman by any means,But I truly enjoy it.I didn`t grow up fishing.Just sort of picked it up from a friend of mine and well haven`t looked back.
[signature]
Should have know what DHS represents as I frequent Palm Desert several times a year. Fly fishing isn't that difficult. I don't try to keep up with the purists as they tend to take the sport to seriously. I practice casting a few times a week in my back yard just to maintain a rhythm. BTW I live just a few miles from the SA river but way down stream. Some day I will follow the river NE up into the San Berdo mtns. Understand that they do some stocking up there.
[signature]
Yup,they sure do stock it.That`s from may to sept.Although there are native browns in there as well.Are there any other creeks up there that I should look up?I love it up there.It`s such a great way to spend the day and get out of the HOT desert!
[signature]
Here is a Ca govt site which might prove helpful: http://www.fs.fed.us/...ecreation/deepcreek/
BTW feel free to drop in on the Calif forum listed under states.
[signature]
Welcome aboard KingGamaGama and thanks for the introduction.

I am also a fellow Salty Dog. I am a little closer to the Coast than DHS but I also travel around to get in my fix for Bass and Trout.

I'm sure we will get a chance to wet a line sometime. I make it a point to fish with any and all Cali members.[cool]
[signature]
Thank you tuben2.I definitely hope we get to fish sometime.Take care.

Gama.
[signature]