Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you have trouble catching catfish in Colorado?

[signature]
i answered no. the only place i have ever fished for cat's in colorado is pueblo. there are three places i used to go. the first was the free boat ramp near turkey creek. head to the pueblo west marina, take a right before the park pass checker place, and follow the road to the boat ramp. i fished near the timber and had some decent luck on cut bait.

place two is turkey creek itself, directly under neath the train bridge. i would fish the creek channel with cut bait or stink bait, and had moderate luck there. what i lacked in numbers cat wise, i always made up for in size there.

the final place ( and im not sure if you can even do this anymore) is the dam. i would walk down the rocks towards the main river channel. its real deep there. always fished stink bait. i had some luck there. i did manage to hook and land a monster cat there, on chicken liver, i remember that distinctly. we let him go.

other wise never really fished for them anywhere else. i would assume some of the prarie res. would hold some decent n umbers of them, or maybe even the arkansas once it flows all of the way through pueblo and has a chance to warm up a little, and as far down stream as john martin.
[signature]