Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which reel is better?
I have been looking for a baitcasting reel, and i was wondering if Abu Garcia or Shimano is better

I have a few Abu Garcias, and i am very pleased with their performance, but is Shimano really worth the extra money? One of my friends say that they are, but i'm not sure.
[signature]
Both are great reels, I will not buy Japanese products. Abu is made by the Swedish and they are smooth reels.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000]I will never again buy a Shimano or Abu Garcia baitcaster. I know a company now, that is 100% domestic and USA made. Abu Garcia may be designed by the Swedes, but it is made in Chana or Malaysia or wherever.[/#000000][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][#000000]Go to:[/#000000][/font] [url "http://www.ardentoutdoors.com/"]http://www.ardentoutdoors.com/[/url]

[font "Times New Roman"][#000000]Look at their new baitcasters. No single component is foreign made. Every last piece is precision machined in the USA in Macon, Missouri. I have two of their Ardent XS1000 baitcasters. I will just tell you that they are in a class of their own. You haven't used a baitcaster until you have used one of these. They have a 3-year warranty too. [/#000000][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000][/#000000][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000]Go read all the reviews and see if you can come across another person who has used one. Take mine and their word for it. [/#000000][/font]
[signature]
To answer your question instead of giving my personal views on what country's products I will or will not support...

I have about 9 or 10 Shimano reels, 7 of which are baitcasters and I think they're great.
[signature]
Both are good companies. I have Shimano spinning reels and love them. I also Have a round level wind that is awsome as well. that being said I have a Quantum Bait caster and a Cabela's (made by Diawa) I like them both. They felt better to me than the Shimano I like the fact the Mag brake adjustment is outside the reel cover for us novices that need it. Which Models are you looking at?
[signature]
Take a look at Pflueger Presidents and Supremes. I personally use Shimano and don't really want to re-gear all my rods with new reels, too expensive. There is a new Daiwa reel that runs around $65 and has been getting great reviews. I think it has a 8 bearings with all metal components. There's just too much good stuff these days. I would go to you favorite store, pull a rod off the rack and screw on a few reels. It has to feel good too afterall.

I have short thick fingers so it's low profile for me.

HockeyMan
[signature]