Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shortest trip....
Asked wife if she wanted to come along with me tubing as it was gonna get hot. She thought about it and just wanted to float around. Not having too much skills on the fins. Wind started to pick up pretty fast than I thought as the clouds looked like was gonna rain. Weather forcast didn't say it was. Too much wind and she was fighting to get back to the landings. Wrong day to be on the lake like that and she says this is a lot of a workout!
When the wind got too strong we thought it was best to get off before we both got too far from landings and have to work hard. Not an easy area to get off anywhere and walk back as it is a very steep hilly place as it was a coal mining site.
She says WHEW this is more of a workout as riding a bike all uphill only backwards! Says next time let's use the canoe......

Now about the fins is there one made right for ladies? Which is easy, over shoes or barefeets? She says couldn't do mine as she says was too big as like a little girl walking in her daddy's big shoes...
[signature]
See if you can find someone who has and will lend you a pair of Force Fins (diving model) that will fit her and have her try those. I use mine ALL the time and they work great for me. Short and powerful and very comfortable fit over the hard soled water slippers that I got at Wally World (Walmart) for $5.00 to wear over and protect my stocking feet waders. You can also WALK forward while wearing Force Fins without too much trouble/effort. First time I took my H3 out I wore my Mares Avanti fins and was miserable most of the day. I switched to the FFs and have never looked back. My FFs seem to power and manouver my pontube just fine. Hope this helps you out.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Another fun trip ruined by the dreaded W monster.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]There are no special fins built for women only. Maybe some colors that only a female would wear, but the designs are the same for everybody.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The key is to buy fins for the individual using them, and not try to "make do" with something bought for someone else. Okay for a casual trip, but not for "extreme" conditions or long term tubing enjoyment.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I usually advise people to buy fins as the last item in the system. And to try before they buy. Call the dive shop or the store you are going to visit to try on fins. Let them know the intended use for the fins and that you will be bringing your "full gear" to put on in their store before you try the fins. This will lessen the shock to a skin diving person when you suit up in neoprene waders and booties...with a couple of pairs of socks underneath.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Force Fins are considered to be top of the line by many tubers who have used them both for diving and for tubing. I tried a pair of the adjustable tubing Force Fins and was not able to get a good fit that allowed efficient transfer of kicking force.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If your wife is going to be wearing tennies or other footwear with the fins, a "soft pocket" diving fin, like the Mares fins, will accomodate a wider range of adjustments for comfort and efficient propulsion. The combination of flexible foot pockets and quick adjust straps make them ideal for those who change their waders or tubing footwear over a year of fishing.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]But, if your wife has been turned off on tubing, you will save money on fins but might have to sacrifice some future tubing trips in favor of the canoe.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good luck.[/#0000ff]
[signature]