Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cell phone recovery from 20 feet below ice and working
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGlTYbZVi0I

Dropped Cell Phone to the Bottom of the lake in 20 feet of water while ice fishing. 21 hours later we returned then next day to search and rescue the submerged Samsung Galaxy S5 which is said to be water resistant. I was hopeful that it would be working but wasn't sure if we could retrieve it. With the help of two Aqua Vu cameras we were able to locate the phone. Punched a whole bunch of holes with the Eskimo auger. Rigged some 24 foot long poles and went to work to get the phone from the bottom of the lake. When It came out it was fully functional with 74% battery life after 21 hours under the ice!
[signature]
Wow, that is totally amazing. If I were you, I'd for sure let Samsung know about it, they couldn't buy better advertising than that.
[signature]
Wow that is awesome. Pretty much all other phones would have been toast. I agree let Samsung know. They would love to hear that story.
[signature]
That is cool. You should submit that story with Samsung. They might send you something for it.[cool]
[signature]
I missed this post when it was made in 2016, but enjoyed watching the video just now.