Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minn Kota Trolling motor ?????
Does anyone have any suggestions about how to replace the pull rope on a MinnKota Maxxum bow mount. I have talked to MinnKota Service and they basically said that for my model motor, "Have Fun", which was very disheartening. All suggestions welcome, positive ones that is !!!
Take it to the Mending Shed in Orem. I know they do a fine job replacing pull ropes on ice augers. They are pretty resourceful folks down there in general.
[signature]
You ask for positive responses only.

Unless Minn Kota has started making gas powered bow mount trolling motors (model Maxxum), I think that you need a therapist more than a "pull rope".

If I'm wrong about the Minn Kota product line, sorry. Sounds like the folks that answered your call at Minn Kota didn't know of any solution either.
[signature]
its not that hard you need some small needlenose and some pactience you might want to use one of the smaller diam nylon lines thats what i did and havent had any problems
[signature]
Sportsman's Warehouse can probably help you out as well. They have a nice little maintenance shop in back; at least the one in Provo does.
[signature]
Got me too Saberfish. I have the Maxxum 40...HEAY! I didn't get a rope!
Maybe it is the raising and lowering thing?
[signature]
It is good to know that people still have a sense of humor, that was really a pretty good one.