Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mesick Mushroom Festival
5/9/2003 - 5/11/2003 - Mesick - Celebration of the morel mushroom harvest. Flea market,arts/craft show, live music, carnival, baseball tournament, horseshoe tournament, parade on Saturday, mushroom contest and food wagons. For more information call 231-885-2679.

to find out more about morels ; [url "http://morelsandmore.com/morellinks.htm"]http://morelsandmore.com/morellinks.htm[/url]
[signature]
Hey Lonehunter are you a mushroom hunter?
have you found any up there.
[signature]
morells are in full bloom down here for the last week. you have about another week and a half before they are over down here.
[signature]
HOW ABOUT YOU DAVE, ARE YOU A SHROOMER?
HAVE NOT BEEN OUT YET. I GO UP-NORTH FOR THEM, DO YOU HUNT FOR THEM AROUND HER?
[signature]
I used to hunt for them out behind my house years ago. since thay built those million dollar estates behind me I havent gone.
[signature]
i tasted my first morel last year and was easely hooked , man they are the best ! i have a gazillion areas for beefstakes , but haven't found a honeyhole for the morels .

i have a few books on shrumes and have found many editible ones , but thoes morels , just the best !
[signature]

my dad loves mushrooms he is dieing to go mushroom hunting
[signature]
NONE OF THE DARK ONES HAVE BEEN FOUND YET , BUT ONE OF THE GUYS AT WORK FOUND SIXTEY WHITE ONES SATURDAY , THE LUCKEY SO-AND-SO !
[signature]
GO TO THE STATE LAND AT THE END OF SHAW ROAD OVER BY MY HOUSE THERE'S EVEN GIANT BREAD MUSHROOMS THERE . THEY ARE GREAT FRIED OR TOASTED .
[signature]
I did pretty good over the weekend I found 6 blacks growing under a apple tree. I picked about 50 more of the whites, then went back the next day with the kids and wife and picked another 60 more. The kids found most of them. They were like a little rabbit hopping through a jungle. It was so easy for them to move threw the brush unlike me GODZILLA ripping threw a city. It's a good day when you can fill a 10lb onion bag with morels.
[signature]
I hope you took a picture of all them shrooms. I sertanly would enjoy seeing a bunch of shrooms. the ones I realy hunt for is the giant white puff balls. they are hard to come by cince some hunters get a thrill out of kicking them and busting them to bits.

thats quite a haul, it may be years before you come across this oppertunity again.

the most I have ever found was just enough for dinner (apitizer)

the weather conditions for them shrooms has been just right this year for a good harvest.

Did you find any with some size to them? I have found them 7-8 inches tall on rare ocation. Wished I had the camera with me when I found them so I could take a picture of the shroom in its eliment.

sounds like your barbies are going to be good ones this summer with all that venison, fish, and shrooms. YUM YUM [Tongue]
[signature]
No, I didn't have a camera with me. I found 7 today on lunch that were about 7-8 inches tall( 1 pound). If you would like a few let me know and I'll bring over a few for you. I have more then enough for my family. I 'm hunting for the fun of it now. We need a little more humidity to go with the 60 degree weather. The rain helps but the humidity is what makes them grow overnight.
[signature]
THE LOAF SIZE PUFF BALLS I CAN GET DAVE , IF YOU KNOW OF A WAY OF PRESERVING THEM I CAN GET SOME TO YOU WHEN THEY SHOW UP . , I HAVEN'T GOT A MOREL YET , BUT THIS WEEKEND THE TEMPS SHOULD BE JUST RIGHT ! [Image: HOLL7787CustomImage0288497.jpg]

SMALL BEEFSTAKE TODAY ,TOMOROW GOOD SIZED !

[Image: HOLL7787CustomImage0275998.jpg] SMALL PUFF BALL ( TENNIS BALL SIZE )
[signature]