Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uinta's
Got up to Trial today. Bad news is it was 78 degrees up there, good news, better than 100+!
I took my sonar and that lake is 68' deep right in the middle. WOW!
Anyway, they were hitting Purple and Olive Cripples and Black and Olive WD40's.

There is Brookies, Albinos, Rainbows and I was happy to see GRAYLING!

[Image: IMGP3538400.jpg]

[Image: P7260018400.jpg]

I landed a nice 14" Albino, but for some reason the picture was so washed out, it looked like a ghost. No picture of that guy for ya.
[signature]
cool.. looks like you had a good day.. wish I had been on the water.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I didn't know there where any grayling in there. I'll take 78 degrees over 101 any day. How crowded was it up there?
[signature]
Maybe 3 tubes, two canoes and a couple of small boats. The banks were pretty much covered, but it was the 24th weekend.
[signature]
Nice Catch FG CONGRATS !!! Same for us we hit Mirror weekend before last. Tons of people around the shoreline and a few pontoons and tubers out. Didnt catch much but we left early cause that wind got abit cold.
[signature]
The DWR planted over 4000 grayling in there last August. Last July and August they planted grayling in more than a dozen high mountain lakes in the wasatch front and the high uintas, including some that hadn't had them before.

Wall and Washington Lake also received some grayling.
[signature]
I have caught Grayling out of Washington and Wall, but never any other lake and that was several years ago. The Tiger Trout seemed to have disappeared also.
[signature]