Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
secrets you are willing tell :)
i love trying to catch strippers or anything BIG! So im asking how do you catch them, I'm pretty new to the whole saltwater fishin. I have used pretty much only chunks of mackerel which works but sometimes the mackerel are hard to catch first, so any lures that you would recommend or just something you have used forever that always catches you one.
[signature]
There is a big difference between East Coast and West Coast techniques. I have fished both sides of the US.

Which area are you most interested in?
[signature]
east coast fishing.
[signature]
Out on the East coast, the secret for lures is the large Krocodiles. The Green/Chrome color has been the most productive for me.

If you are ever in the area of NY, RI, DC, Chesepeake Bay in specific, switch to the Blue/Chrome color. At times I have done well on the 2oz Kastmasters too.

[cool]
[signature]
i will be fishin maine a little past kennebunk, if you could just send me the web address of some of the lures your talking about i will order them online. ill take any advice.
[signature]
You can get them easily at Cabelas. If you don't have a Cabelas near you then you can order them online from their website.[cool]
[signature]
I couldn't fin the large krocodiles you sope of earlier.
[signature]
That is strange. I usually order them from there. I use them on many of the Pacific species too.

If you can't find them there then I would just go to Wallys
World. (Wallmart)

They have the large Krocs and they are usually thicker. Check em out and see. They are made by Luhr Jensen.

You might be able to Google search them and find a local dealer near you.[cool]

What part of Maine are you going to?? I have a few favorite tackle shops up in that area.[Smile]
[signature]
In Maine we go to a a little town called New Harbor. its about 3 hours north from the New Hampshire boarder. I have caught a couple descent strippers and my friend caught a shark pretty much from the shore, i thought it was pretty cool. What exactly are the lures called i don't want to sound too stupid when i go in and ask about them.
[signature]
New Harbor is a nice area. Portland is awesome too.

If you are going to New Harbor, there is a little tackle shop in Boothbay that you should stop in on the way.

It is called White Anchor Bait and Tackle.

They should have the lures that you need. Since you will be that far north, I would stay with the Blue Colors.

You can get a Blue Chrome Kastmaster. Make sure you get the one with the bucktail on the hook. The other lure is the Krocodile. Get that one in the Blue/Chrome too.

In that area I have also fished some good size ones on Fresh/Frozen Clam meat fishing it with a dropper loop set up.

Once the water is over 58 degrees, you can also catch them on Menhaden or on the large Sand Worms.

Your lures of choice to remember are:

Kastmaster 2oz to 4oz Blue/Chrome with bucktail
[Image: km.gif]
Use the CHNB with the SW-151 part number. That is the 4oz with the bucktail hook on it. 3oz will still be good.which is the SW-141.

When the Mackerel are around, I would prefer the BMK color with the bucktail when they have it.

Krocodile Blue/Chrome in the 2oz
[Image: lure_krocodile_chromebluestripe.jpg]
[signature]
what are the types of things you will normally catch on these?
[signature]
These lures are the Striper special for most of the East coast. Just remember that the colder the water, the darker the color.

You can also get any of the other topwater fish in the area when they are around. The Bluefish should be getting ready to show up in that area about this time of year too.

They are the ones that entice the Stripers to move around more.

If you drop down to NY or Jersey area you can use them on the Fluke. It is a different technique but the same lure can be presented in different ways.

I use these lures on the West coast as well. They are good for Barracuda, Tuna, Halibut, Ling Cod, Salmon, California Yellowtails.[cool]
[signature]
ok thanks ill have to pick up a few.
[signature]
You can use many of the other colors and sizes for Bass, Trout, Walleye, Musky and Northerns too.

Just find out the color of the bait fish in your area and find the closest match in color of the Kastmasters. They have been around for many years and are still working for many different species of fresh and saltwater.[cool]
[signature]
Swimbaits are also a good way to go!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator