Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelhead Tips
I need help becoming a steelhead pro. I need all tips that you can give me. Anything in regards to this majestic fish would be great. Thanks[Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
The steelhead is a fish well worth your time. Start with becoming a barbless hook user. The hooks are mandatory on many steelhead waters. I choose to use a fly rod which I find to be a great enjoyable way to cover water. Thats a great tip right there!!COVER WATER! You have to find fish to fish them. If you can find salmon many times you have found steelhead. A common fly used during the spawn is a glow bug or a bead peeked one inch above hook. As the salmon eggs mature into baby alvins, I switch to egg fry or smolt patterns. My all time favorite fly to trick picky fish is a #8 golden stone fly. Even during the summer the bead head version works well as an attractor nymph. Many California anglers are having success on two fly offerings like a golden stone with a glow bug trailer. Good luck fishing and check out my fly boxes at Irideus. I will have some steelhead fly assortments available soon. These will help guide you toward your goal. I wish you the best as you pursue my favorite fish. Remember not to remove the fish from the water and to wet your hands before touching them. They deserve some respect after a rough year a sea.
Tight Lines,
Tim
[signature]
I've been chasing Steelhead for 44 years! Check out this video I shot last week! [url "http://www.steelheadquarters.com/log_in.htm"]www.steelheadquarters.com/log_in.htm[/url]
[signature]