Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
backlash blues (bait caster)
i have this combo [url "http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_98422____SearchResults"]http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_98422____SearchResults[/url] dont get me wrong its a great reel but keep geting backlashes if i try to cast far when i try to cast far i cast hard and i get a backlash. am i make oing the correct adjustment i set it to where it falls at a slow rate. any advice
[signature]
On that type of baitcaster, it is necessary to adjust the fall rate for each different lure that you put on it untill you get the hang of using the thum to control it.

The knob on the right near the handle will help with the cast control but then you should also have an over run control on the opposite side.

There are some magnets that are adjustable and help with this.

It will also take time before you can make the 100yd casts. Start off slowly with 10, 15,20 and 30yd casts.

Once you get those under control then you can go for the longer ones with more confidence.

The is one general rule that we all learn from the beginning of bait casting or conventional reels.

"Don't be dumb, use the thumb".

This is not intended to offend anyone in any way, shape or form.

This is just the reminder rule that the "Thumb" plays a key role in casting this type of reel. A very slight pressure or resistance on the spool will help to prevent the majority of Birds Nests or Backlashes. Once you get good at the casting and only get an occasional backlash, then you can call it a "Professional Overrun" lol

Keep up the practice and you will be able to conquer the mighty Birds Nest.[cool]
[signature]
how come when i get better i wont have to adjust my reel to different lures thanks for the advice
[signature]
By then your thumb will be trained an you won't really need to make any adjustments untill you start throwing out the Big Baits.

Your thumb will develope it own auto tuning and keep the appropriate pressure on the spool.[cool]
[signature]