Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC 07/31
Well I didn't slaugter the eyes but I had my victories like not commiting homicide, the power squadron was out of control getting way to close and the wakes through me around in my toon. After about an hour of putting up with them my hand signals convinced them to find another area.

Enough of the bad and on with the good, I launched my toon by the island about 5:30 pm and had my first Walleye in the basket by 6 pm a 17''. I caught the first one on a gulp live curly tail drifting. The next one came bottom bouncing with a worm harness and was a nice 19''. The last one came again on a gulp live with a nose weight but was a dink and was carefully returned to the holding pen to grow a bit more.

Overall wasn't a bad afternoon but it was a great evening after I got home I cooked up those fresh water Halibut and they were great. Every time I have a meal of eyes it confirms my obsession and makes all those hours worth it.
[signature]
Nice! Making think about take ride to DC.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Glad you made it through the tribulations and stuck it out through the fishing part. For us wallieholics there is nothing like the thrill of the thump and the throb of the rod characteristic of those fish. Our hearts always beat a little faster when we first see that our fish is a walleye...and not a slimer or some other second rate species. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Yeah, they will never win fish of the year awards for a high leaping battle, but there is no contest when it comes to yumminess (is that a word) on the table.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I am headed back to Starvation next Tuesday. Hope to score a few fillets for my own self. I have a real low threshhold of tolerance for the boating bozos on Deer Creek and Pineview. I choose to fish elsewhere until after it cools down enough to thin them out a bit.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks for the Eye report.
[signature]
good report. nice work on the eyes.
[signature]