Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I lost my favorite Buzzbait...
While fishing today I decided to switch to my favorite buzz bait. I don't exactly know what it was, it was a gift from a friend. I tied it on like I do most of my lures and stuff, with a palomar knot. I've been really trying to perfect my palomar, but today was a huge failure. After about 6 casts I threw my buzz bait out and it completely flew off the line....I was so embarassed, but now I can laugh about it...Still I'm kinda Sad because I really liked it! What could have gone wrong? Should I have changed the line, or maybe just cut the line further up and brought out more?? I'm thinking about investing in 125yd of 10lb Firewire line. Its kind of expensive for me, but I need all the quality I can get. Please help me figure out what I was doing wrong oh powerful anglers of BFT!
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][inline pk.jpg]Hi there Scruffy - now that has to hurt losing a favorite lure. [pirate] I don't recall the last time that I had a palomar knot fail on me. Sounds like you missed a step some where along the line. [Image: bobwink.gif] Click onto the first post of this forum. There are many knots listed that might serve you better.[/size][/#008000][/font]

[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]BTW some people like to tie a loop knot to their lure which will give it a bit more action. A surgeons loop is a good one to get you started.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]