Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bass fly
I've fly fished for a while. I've caught trout and perch, but never tried to catch a bass on a fly. I think it would be some real fun too. Does anyone know what kind of fly would use to pull out a bass(any kind)?[fishin]
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif][/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Well you can always start out with some poppers.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][fishin][inline bf.jpg]
[signature]
[Image: happy.gif] Great,
thanks for the help. I think I've got a few somewhere.
[signature]
Woolly Buggers, and nymphs like Haresear, Damsel, Pheasant Tail, Zug Bug, etc. Top water, the poppers are awesome.
[signature]
Larger Streamers, Poppers, Wooley Buggers, Zonkers and Clouser Minnows are all effective.[cool]
[signature]
you can also try using a popper with a nymph (hares ear, pheasant tail.. ) tied off the hook of the popper.. gives you two chances at the fishies..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Some more poppers -[/size][/#008000][/font]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Bob's Banger is a popular saltwater fly for striped bass fishing. Doubt if they would work in the Great Salt.[Image: bobwink.gif][/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][Image: 3bang_560.gif]
[signature]
Gr8, thanks 4 every1s help.[Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
a great way to thank us is to keep coming back and join our discussions.. your opinions and experiences are invaluable to others.. plus.. we would love to see pictures with a full account of that first bass you catch on a fly rod..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Plus I like the way he writes.[laugh]
Do allot of tex messaging?[Wink]
[signature]
haha, all the time.[laugh]
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif][/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Thats cool - but I hope that you don't text while driving.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][pirate][/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][inline images.jpg]
[signature]
amen to that.. saw a young woman doing that at 70+ mph last week.. scared the pidaddle out of me.. [:p]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]