Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40+ pound trout
[size 1]I went out trout fishing this morning and hooked in to this polish trout. (Carp)

41 pounds 14 ounces 36 inches in lenth.

sorry I could not get me and the fish in the pic. two fat hogs just wont fit in a picture the picture frame...

I caught this with a fly and a cernal of corn. the fly is still in his mouth. sorry for the battle wounds, He hit a few obsticles on the way in. one hour and 7 minutes to land on an elleven pound test line... [/size] [center][url "http://web.ecomplanet.com/MESS3307/ServerContent/MyCustomImages/MESS3307CustomImage2924119.jpg"][size 1][Image: MESS3307CustomImage2939313.jpg][/size][/url][/center] [center]click on pic to see larger veiw[/center] [center]This carp was caught may 10th 2003 around 7 am[/center]
[signature]
i love that tatoo it is sporting , that bugle mouth bass has style ! lol

i see one hefty crop of maters' this fall ! 1 almost couldn't belive my eyes when i saw that tape measurer ! wow , thats one big hog ! i bet you were in fishing heaven during the battle . was it as fun as you expected it to be ? minimum entry for an anglers award is 30" or 20 lbs. you made it with a couple to spare each way !

i got a couple more au sable suckers for the smoker . i am going back real early tomorow , theres a couple old timers there that keep grabing the honey hole . they have a system for keeping everyone else from getting it by rotating spots every time one guy needs a break . i don't mind too much , but they are locals and get the limit every am , and then again in the pm , every day ! there freeser has to be full by now .

i just want a couple for the grill !
[signature]
how dose that master angler thing work?

do I need the fish to enter? I released this guy in the river already

I was defenelty undergunned on this one. I thought my rod was going to bust for sure

cool on them suckers. mine went down in to the lake and never came back up.

the scarry thing about that carp is... there are bigger ones in my lake, I have seen them
[signature]
page 34 and 35 of the handbook .
[signature]
Thanks lonehunter, I went to the guid as you said. you have to go to michigan web site at

[url "http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10364_10948-22403--,00.html"]http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10364_10948-22403--,00.html[/url]

to make an entry go here print and follow the directions

[url "http://www.michigan.gov/documents/masterangler2003-PR8008_51760_7.pdf"]http://www.michigan.gov/documents/masterangler2003-PR8008_51760_7.pdf[/url]

wow 30 inches to enter a carp for a patch lol, If I had turned all the ones in over thirty inches I would have to wear two hats...[size 4]L[sly]L[/size]

[url "http://www.michigandnr.com/FISH/MASTERANGLER.ASP"][blue]Master Angler Entries[/blue][/url]

[url "http://www.michigan.gov/documents/catch-keepfinalreport2002_56421_7.pdf"][#0000ff]Catch and Keep Final Report 2002[/#0000ff][/url]
[url "http://www.michigan.gov/documents/catch-keepfinalreport2001_56423_7.pdf"][#0000ff]Catch and Keep Final Report 2001[/#0000ff][/url]

[url "http://www.michigan.gov/documents/catch-releasefinalreport2002_56422_7.pdf"][#0000ff]Catch and Release Final Report 2002[/#0000ff][/url]
[url "http://www.michigan.gov/documents/catch-releasefinalreport2001_56424_7.pdf"][#0000ff]Catch and Release Final Report 2001[/#0000ff][/url]
[signature]
COOL , COOL , COOL ! I WANNA SEE IT AFTER YOU GET IT ! YEE-HAA !

I HOPE I CAN GET ONE TOO !
[signature]
[size 1]I got back the results of my entry for the state of michigan master anglers award.

as of may 22 I hold the lead for the biggest carp. I looked at last years and saw the first place was 47 inches and was caught on a fly, lol

here is what they sent me as acknolagement for my entry. (click on pic to see full size) [/size] [center][url "http://web.ecomplanet.com/MESS6438/ServerContent/MyCustomImages/MESS6438CustomImage1311391.jpg"][size 1][Image: MESS6438CustomImage1302668.jpg][/size][/url][/center] [center][url "http://web.ecomplanet.com/MESS6438/ServerContent/MyCustomImages/MESS6438CustomImage1335683.jpg"][size 1][Image: MESS6438CustomImage1321235.jpg][/size][/url][/center] [center][size 1][Image: MESS6438CustomImage1345412.jpg][/size][/center] [center]I see I will have to get to work to keep my lead if I want to end up in the top five for the year, 36 inches came in 7th place last year 2002.[/center] [center][size 1]check this out, I am now a decorated fly fisherman. lol

for a carp (polish trout) no less....[sly] [/size][/center]
[signature]
TOTALLY GREAT ! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THAT NEW HAT THAT YOU'LL BE SPORTING WHILE YOU ARE FISHING . CONGRATS DAVE !
[signature]
lol, I am about 6 months from a hat change, maybe I will put this patch on my old hat...[Wink] my luck fishing hat...[sly]
[signature]
MY FISHING HAT HAS THE WORDS " PULL MY FINGER, IT'S MAGIC !" ON THE BACK OF IT , A GREAT CONVERSATION STARTER ON THE BANKS .

IT'S OLD AND BEAT UP , AND IT'S LUCKEY !
[signature]
it wouldnt fit on my hat so it has landed on my luck fishing shirt.
[signature]
[center]3 thirty-inch carp[/center] [center]12 pounds apiece[/center] [center]Forth of July 2003[/center] [center]Kent Lake Milford MI[/center] [center]At sun down[/center] [center]Well the day started out with a horrible rumble and 70 mile an hour winds. I awoke just in time to get the truck loaded when the wind hit and minutes after the wind the thundering and lightning and some light rain accompanying the torrential winds.[/center] [center]Kevin and I hooked up about 1.30 and headed out to Kensington park for some fancy carp fishing and watch the fire works, we arrived at the park about 2.30 after several store stops along the way. Pulling in our hearts sank when we found that the fire works would not be going off till Sunday. We were already there, so we ventured on in only to find our fishing hole closed of to those of us who don’t have sailboats. We ventured around the lake in an attempt to find a fishing spot. And it seemed that all my favorite holes were taken. We did manage to find an empty picnic table near the lake, so we opted for that.[/center] [center]We managed to get our lines in about 3.30 we sat there for a couple hours with out a bite. The problem we were having was all the paddleboat, kayaks, canoe and rowboat traffic. Not to mention the kids wading in a no swimming area. Tolerating the situation, we pulled out the small gear to mess around a bit to see if there was any thing else in the water.[/center] [center]Immediately I started pulling in stunted gills of various types. Kevin was not having much luck. I saw he was getting hits, but being the first time fishing for him in years, another fishing trip or two I am sure he will start hauling them in like a pro. This did not help the situation much in that he was getting frustrated with me for catching the stunted gills and he was not having any luck.[/center] [center]by about sundown I had managed to catch about 15 six inch gills and threw them back in to the drink. The wind that was maintaining a 20-mile an hour pace started to lie down. I switched from red worm to a rooster tail in hopes that I would catch a bass or two before I ran out of light.[/center] [center]About 6 casts with the rooster tail I saw what appeared to be dorsal fins sticking above the waters crest about 30 feet out from shore. I eminently switched back to the big guns and with in seconds I had hooked in to my first freight train. It took me about 10 minutes to land him after he had made 7 runs at which time I had drawn in a crowd of spectators, at a glance I would say there was about 40 on lookers cheering and clapping seeing a Big Fish Landed. They all gathered around to get a close up look at the big orange monsters, the young kids about 7 and younger got up real close and wanted to touch the slimy critter.[/center] [center]Eminently after putting him on the stringer I got right back out on the water on got my line in, Kevin had to baby sit the table because he was afraid that some one might liberate us of our gear as the onlookers was still hanging around to see if I was going to hook in to another one real soon. the next train took off ten minutes later, he was landed in about 7 minutes. More onlookers came around to see this haul. [/center] [center]I dropped my line back in and waited about 5 minutes for the third freight train. About 5 minutes in to the battle of this one the park ranger came around and gave his first warning for every one to vacate the park. Announcing that any one still in the park after 10.pm would be ticketed. It took another 5 minutes to get this one landed when he gave his second warning, Kevin was scurrying to get every thing loaded while I was bring in the last fish. We barely got in to the truck and moving when we were tailed out of the park. (Being we were one of the last people out, even park workers wanted to go home while there was still a little 4th of July party time left.)[/center] [center]My terminal hook up was 20-pound test Trilene with a 10 pound test maximum. As for the bait, I will never tell. (A Juicy worm lol)[/center] [center]The rod of choice is the Big Fish Classic 30# trolling rod available at the BFT Gift Shop here at this site.[/center] [center]I fished on the bottom of the lake.[/center] [center]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=116;][/center] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=117;][/center]
[signature]
I just realized something, I did not catch a rock bass on the forth, lol woo hoo !
[signature]
i'm just getting in from our weekend trip , man you want that dunkin' donut coffee bad don't you ?

i have a little fishey to post too , lol ! it will be posted after we defrost him for a b-b-q .

i have met the most wonderful bunch of fishing guys in the north-west side of the state . all of which were fly men from all over . dearborn , lincoln park , ann arbor ,midland , ypsi , mancilonna (??-spelling) and the lake margarette area .

congrats on them big "trout " i cought a few brookies and browns and one big xxxxxxxx ! i gotta tell you i was a little disapointed at first when i found out that i wasen't camping where i thought i was , but man o man , what a great place i ended up at .

woodman wess found a snapper in the middle of a five lane highway and stopped trafic to capture the beast for release in a much safer area .

no rockbass ???? did you give them the day off ? lol !
[signature]
yep, I sure like my doughnuts, I once bet a whole box of em that I could pop pop corn in a paper bag over an open fire. (That was a mighty taisty box of doghnuts, mmm mmm)

I think they were giving me a break for the day lol...

I am guessing you landed a big northern eh?
[signature]
tee hee hee ! , nope ! my favorite " springtime fishey " . a whole lotta inches there .
[signature]
well, I have been defamed [Sad]

I did hold first place for a month though, lol

On 6-12 Bruce Hess moved up in to front with a carp measuring in at 37 inches.

On 6-17 Esperanza Vanasse moved in for the tie with me for second place.

running in third place is Robert Quinn with a 35 incher

right behind him is Carson Wright 34.13incher

and dogging it in fifth place is Joe France with a 34 incher

Well all I can say is that there is some mighty fing carp fishing going on here in the state of michigan, with some thirty odd entries already.[cool] holding first place is no easy task....

the above scores are catch and release, the catch and keep scores are as fallows

they follow according to weight and not lenth.

in first place is Alan Sanger with a 35.88 incher weighing in at 28.75 lbs

second place is, Jerry Sharp a 31 incher weighing in at 25 lbs

third place is Tony Turner, a 35.25 incher weighing in at 24.75

forth place is David Hunter, a 33.25 incher weighing in at 24.38

fifth place is Stephen Bartys, a 33 incher weighing in at 24 lbs

Since I am in the running for biggest carp I will keep you advised when I get the information.

The Master Angler program awards the top five places of every game species in michingan, Now I am on the hunt for a bigger 'en.
[signature]