Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake (Report)
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Fished Bear Lake today (Saturday) and the fishing was OK. The ride up Logan Canyon had wet snowy roads but nothing outrageous. The lake was still so the ride down to Gus' was brisk and quick. We started on the west side down by the rockpile with little or no fish to see on sonar. We anchored up, fished for about 45 minutes with no luck and decide to head east.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]We headed over to First Point and spent a lot of time looking for fish on the sonar. We saw a few but nothing spectacular. There were a couple guys on the shorefishing at Second Point , using a pontoon boat to longline with. I don't know how they were doing. We cruised around looking for marks, basically heading north. We'd see a few fish, stop and jig, maybe catch one or none then move on always looking. Basically hit and run. See fish, drop and fish for a while then move on to the next place.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]We ended up with 6-7 fish, the largest going a little over 12 pounds. We had one cutthroat pushing the 4 lb mark and a couple macks just under that. I know one thing we had to work for what fish we caught. We ended up coming off the water at 2:00pm. Below is a pic of the largest fish. He looks like an eel in the picture. The picture didn't do him justice.[/size][/font] [center][Image: bl_5-10-03.jpg][/center]
[signature]
what does it atter if it was choppy or not, your boat can handle it[Wink], it wouldnt be bad either way right? that is a nice fish, i couldnt go fishing today due to two factors, my shoulder(est. about a week before i can cast[unsure]), and good old hard labor (otherwise known as mcdonalds[Tongue])
[signature]
Now let me get this right, you caught an 11 pound Mack and 5 or 6 other fish, some up to 4 pounds and you say you had an OK day? You crack me up, you go up to the Bear and make it sound so easy. BLM your the Man, I think you should change your user name to "The Man" or better yet "Mack Slayer"

Thanks for the great post and picture, I'm sure glad a few people had a good day today. WH2
[signature]